PDA

View Full Version : Making a snorkel

hondarider2006
04-23-2004, 11:21 AM
My friend has an '02 Honda Foreman 450, and we are wanting to make a snorkel for it. He has seen them on the Huevos videos, and he says that there are 2 hoses that come out, and he knows that one is from the airbox snorkel, but he doesn't know where the other one is from. I was thinking that it was from the crankcase vent, but I could be wrong. What all do we need to make a snorkel?? We want to make it big enough so we can have the quad in water over the bars. Thanks for any help -Nick-

rider250ex
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
on some of them they have a snorkle from the airbox and another from the exhaust. that might be what your thinking of

hondarider2006
04-23-2004, 11:32 AM
I don't think its one off of the exhaust. I don't believe he is going to put one on that....but I may be wrong. Anyone else???

MichaelS693
04-23-2004, 12:28 PM
he could be making one for the exaust just incase his bike dies in the water and it wont suck in water through the exaust pipe:D

brandonpeake
04-23-2004, 12:53 PM
go to my site
www.mudanddirt.com
there is an srticle on how to do one for a honda rincon or you can post and you will get a step by step on what to use and how to do it

hondarider2006
04-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
go to my site
www.mudanddirt.com
there is an srticle on how to do one for a honda rincon or you can post and you will get a step by step on what to use and how to do it

Thanks man

Berry
04-23-2004, 04:09 PM
one is from the air box and the other can be from many of places. i think i heard of someone snorkling there carb? and there drive shaft and some do the exhaust, but the exhaust doesnt matter as long as you keep your motor revved when water is over it. check out www.highlifter.com for alot more info

bobbo97f150
04-24-2004, 11:31 AM
On the 450 Foreman, the crank case vent goes into the airbox so its already done. You will have to also do the front and rear differential vent lines, carburetor vent line, and brake vent lines if the brakes still work. Don't forget to put di-electric grease in the spark plug boot. Good luck.