PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock!

JustRace
03-16-2002, 01:14 PM
I just got my 400 back from getting a 440kit and a edelbrock carb put on. I just went out to fire it up and it started right up, and its 35 degrees out and that includes the wb cam, and 11/1 piston and white brothers rev limiter. I didn't even have to use the choke/enrichener. I'm going to go break the motor in and then see what the motor really feals like tomorrow. Man doesn't this carb look clean.

03-16-2002, 01:17 PM
sweeet!:macho

stevengates45
03-16-2002, 02:41 PM
looks nice. I wanna know how the edlebrock carbs do. post back here after you ride it!

JustRace
03-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Well i took it for a little spin and the throttle response feels really snappy. I am going to take my time breaking it in so that i don't waste my money on the big bore kit. One thing i did seem to notice is that is started A LOT better than the stock carb, and this is without it being jetted accurately. I won't really get on it too hard until i can get some racing fuel.

Other good news was that one of the mechanics that worked on it stopped at my house about 20 minutes ago to make sure everything is going ok, and he also told me that i now get 10% off of everything at the dealership. Talk about customer service:D

stevengates45
03-16-2002, 05:10 PM
man, wish my dealer was that friendly! oh well, im really good friends with the guy who used to own our honda place down here & he gets me parts from them wholesale.

shook
03-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Which kit did you buy and who put it togetther for you. Let me know how you like that cam Im looking at running that same cam I hear that its good but Im not wanting to spend all the extra money on getting the rockers hard faced did you do that to your motor.

JustRace
03-16-2002, 08:31 PM
My local dealership called Toms Cycle did it. Its just the typical 440 kit Je 11/1 comp. Before I had the motor done i had the white brothers track cam in #1498 and with the Je higher compression stock bore piston it still felt like it was missing to much bottom end power. But it would fly in the upper rpm ranges. This time i went with the all around cam.

Ok this is what i had done all together and price. I had this all set up before i found exriders. I sent my entire EX down to the dealership and they took it apart and reasembled it for me. I had the 440 kit put in, new white brothers cam, new stock rockers, and edelbrock carb put on. I got the new cam and rockers because the previous owner didn't keep the maintance up on it and the ones that were in it were damaged. I payed 1490 dollars for everything, including the disasembly and reasembly. And I got screwed on the carb because it was 450 Dollars. Hope this helps:D