PDA

View Full Version : name that carrier

xrracer36
04-23-2004, 06:21 AM
we pulled apart my aftermarket bearring carrier last night (axle) and it runs double row bearings, and it has a grease fitting ("zerk") it is aluminum, and has "SPEED" written on it and "H-10" i believe it was H-10, or something like that.
is this a lonestar?
replacing the bearings off a hot tip with some GM AC compressor pump automovtive bearings for $10 a piece, and the OEM seals ($10 a piece.) so total, a $40 job, which would have cost $104 for teh rebuild kit from LSR.
can you tell me if this thing is a LSR carrier (the guy that had it before me had various other LSR parts on it, inc: axle, parking brake block-off) so i am just assuming to this point that the carrier is LSR also. can anyone ID these things written on it?
thanks
racer36 :D

NacsMXer
04-23-2004, 06:37 AM
I looked it up on Rad's website and the H-10 model carrier is listed for the 400EX. Kinda weird that yours doesn't have RAD machined into it as well. Is the grease zerk on the left side of the carrier? If so, its probably the Rad one. Could be a coincidence maybe if your zerk is in the middle of the carrier? :o

xrracer36
04-23-2004, 06:52 AM
zerk is in the center of the carrier (between the bearings, where the spacer would go on the inside. (like i understand the lonestar is set-up)
these things are all absically the same from what i gather. ??
what else could you do to make a double-row carrier? (not a tapered carrier)
thanks, though.:D
racer36:macho

K_Fulk
04-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Rad makes carriers for speed and magnum.