PDA

View Full Version : stupid 400ex err

quadgod440ex
04-22-2004, 11:25 PM
ok on my 2002 400ex .. i changed the idle screw and cable on my stock carb because it broke and when i started the quad 1 morning it sounded like it was at wide open throttle...but anyway... after that now the bike barly starts....it only starts once and a while then it will die....it sometimes starts wit starting fluid and sometiems doesnt start at all....WTF is the problem here ? could the bike have jumped time some how ? or could this be some type of carb problem... i stuck my hand on the exhaust side the of the carb and gas is flowing threw it so i no its getting gas... and its getting spark...when i put my hand on the exhaust tip and i go to turn it over it feels like it wants to suck my hand in ... that should be right should it ? i really think the bike jumped time some how . please help me out one wat u think PLEASE!!

smith_400ex_213
04-23-2004, 07:44 AM
well if u put ur hand over the exhaust and it is sucking ur hand in your timing has to be off cuz when i try to turn it over the exhaust gasses should push ur hand away..

quadgod440ex
04-23-2004, 11:32 AM
thats deffinatly wat i thought .... but this morning i went out and it fired up ... hmmm sounded like it had alittle miss tho... i have a probelm cause 2 bolts on the head are stripped... its the head of the bolts that are stripped not the threads thats the problem or i would have allready checked the timing... i have never takin the head off of this 400ex before so whoever had it before me stripped the bolts any suggestions on how to get them off ...

CowsBitePeople
04-23-2004, 09:33 PM
if its suckin in through the pipe then its blowin out into the carb, deffinetly timing, but i dont know how it fires and runs alittle, must be off alittle