PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes Problem ... !!!!!!!!

GodGuy
04-22-2004, 10:46 PM
I just bought a brand new 400 monday and was asking how can I adjust the front brakes on my quad, cuz they're so loose that I touch the grip with the lever and it doesn't stop hard so how can I adjust it (at the lever or at the brakes themselves...)? And do any of you know if I really have to change my pilot jet if I've removed my lid...?
Thanks a lot...

GodGuy
04-22-2004, 10:50 PM
And a last ?, does the valves really need to be re-adjusted after the break in and what's the best oil(for summer)?

skidaddyjr
04-23-2004, 10:31 PM
If you have already checked and or replaced pads and lubed calipers making sure they can slide.Then to actually answer your question, you will have to bleed your front brake system like you do on a automobile but if a quick bleed doesn't fix it or they are still spongy I would recomend flushing the old fluid out and replacing it with some DOT4or 5 rated brake fluid this will help tremendosly especially if it is a used quad.

Pilot : Motors are expensive

Valves : My opinion is no

04-23-2004, 10:43 PM
dont mix dot 4 & 5.....it will result in rubber enflamation which makes your brake system garbage ;) bleed your brakes...that should fix that...& yes get the valves adjusted after aboyut 35 hours of riding...maybe sooner

JOEX
04-23-2004, 10:48 PM
If you need to bleed the breaks use DOT 4 only. If you want to use DOT 5 you will need to flush the entire system and from what i've read it's not worth it even though it has some advantages.

Do a search, this topic was brought up before and I posted a link about it.