PDA

View Full Version : quad problems

f0xracer
04-22-2004, 09:08 PM
ok i am havein a big problem with my quad it will run for like 3 laps on the track and then it starts spurtterin and it gos dead it did that like 5 or 6 times and then the next time it did it ,when it went dead it wouldnt crank back up but then i got it home and it craked right up but now it want crank again i have changed the spark plug and made sure all my whires are hooked up but i had a white brothers pipe on there with a 165 main jet but the pipe broke and its being repared so i have the stock pipe on now but i cant figure out the problem what do u think it could be and thanks:(

parched_son
04-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Fox, I'm not that savvy as I'm new to quads, but you can check your air intake on the gas tank. Mine was brand new and would start puttering (starving for fuel) after a few minutes. I called the guys at the shop and they said just cut the air intake on the gas tank at a 45 degree angle so that it does not suck itself down unto the plastic. Hopefully that helps. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head that has happened to me.
Jeff

EDIT: Cut it at the very end of the hose near the handle bars, in case this is not the problem. You don't want to go to high up our you'll wind up having to buy a new one. :eek2:

04-25-2004, 11:29 AM
just like your avatar.....one word "honda"

SRH
04-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400

you should just ask the mods to ban you instead of beating around the bush...

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400

i've seen alot more honda's on the track than Kawi's man!!!

04-25-2004, 08:51 PM
yea i know i just don't like honda

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 09:00 PM
this is a honda website dumbass:o

04-25-2004, 09:02 PM
itis?:confused:

04-26-2004, 06:12 AM
hey check your wiring harness. i had a problem just like that and we checked everything and nothing seemed to work. then we checked the harness and found that there was an orange wire that was cracked. it would run till the wire would short out . then it would start. check that out it might just work.

sethg
05-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Might want to check your compression just to make sure...I got a 450r and my dad a Z400, his rings locked up full of dirt from a race we had the other day...had to replace the whole cylinder because it was scored(spelling?) so bad. I think it was a fluke...I dont know how it could have gotten in there...stock lid and filter and everything.