PDA

View Full Version : Throttle response problem

trx300ex rider7
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Every time I go to just gas it the throttle doesnt catch on, it like boggs out then it cathces up but it doesnt have full throttle. I have to push it in slow, I know its not my carb. Could it be the cdi, spark plug. I really dont know could you please help.

95' trx300ex nstlye graphics, weisco piston, k&n filter, holeshots, scott grips, fmf powercore 4, jaws bumper, dyno jet kit.

COOTERGUY
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
YOU MAY JUST THINK ITS NOT YOUR CARB SOUNDS JUST LIKE A DIRTY ONE TO ME. YOU COULD HAVE LOST THE ACCELERATOR PUMP ON YOUR CARB TOO. I WOULD CHECK THAT FIRST. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PULL THE CARB FROM THE INTAKE BOOT AND THEN PUSH THE THROTTLE IT SHOULD SPRAY A SMALL STREAM OF GAS OUT THE ENGINE SIDE OF THE CARB. COULD ALSO JUST BE BAD GAS OR A STOPPED UP FILTER IN THE PETCOCK ON THE TANK.

trx300ex rider7
04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
I checked both of those and it is shooting that small stream of gas threw the carb and the filter is clean.

95' trx300ex nstlye graphics, weisco piston, k&n filter, holeshots, scott grips, fmf powercore 4, jaws bumper, dyno jet kit.

COOTERGUY
04-22-2004, 08:31 PM
WELL IF IT RUNS AT ALL THEN I DONT KNOW WHY THE PLUG WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM. I AM LEANIG TOWARDS BAD GAS, MAYBE A BAD SEAL ON ONE OF YOUR BOOTS ON THE CARB. CHECK THE VENT LINES ON THE CARB TOO.

trx300ex rider7
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
I dont think that it could be any of those cause i put new gas in it from the station, and if any of those would have happened it would of probably stopped by now, b/c this has been going on for a couple of weeks, when i called the shop they told me to check the spark plug and the cdi.

COOTERGUY
04-22-2004, 08:47 PM
WELL IF IT ENDS UP BEING YOU CDI I JUST REPLACED MINE WITH A CURTIS SPARKS BOX SO I HAVE AN EXTRA STOCK ONE JUST INCASE YOU END UP HAVING TO GET ONE JUST LET ME KNOW. WE CAN STRIKE A DEAL.

trx300ex rider7
04-22-2004, 08:53 PM
I just bought one off of ebay and i am wainting for it to come in the mail.