PDA

View Full Version : I got a Dyna Ignition

chucked
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Its pretty sweet, very easy to hook up, has a switch you can run up to the handle bars to choose 4 different curves, But what sucks is that 1 curve is stock and 1 is detuned so I only have 2 to work with for now. The stock curves are actually pretty mild. Im gonna have it tuned on a dyno and have the ignition advanced more. Its sweet because It has 2 RPM activated outputs (shift lights, nitrous) It is noticible on the bottom end, more throttle response, I had a cough at about 1/4 throttle that went away. Also, the stock curves take the rev limiter up to 9600.

cals400ex
04-22-2004, 11:11 PM
i am glad to see an opinion on these ignition boxes. you don't see to many people running the adjustable ones. i was set on the dyna but i don't think the 9600 will cut it for me. also, like you said, you really only have 2 curves to work with unless you buy the programming kit.

chucked
04-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i am glad to see an opinion on these ignition boxes. you don't see to many people running the adjustable ones. i was set on the dyna but i don't think the 9600 will cut it for me. also, like you said, you really only have 2 curves to work with unless you buy the programming kit.

I think you can adjust the rev limiter higher but Im not going to because I dont want to get risky

cals400ex
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I think you can adjust the rev limiter higher but Im not going to because I dont want to get risky

that rev limit is adjustable without buying the programming kit??

chucked
04-23-2004, 01:54 PM
no you have to buy it, you cant do anythign amazing without it.

Doibugu2
04-23-2004, 02:15 PM
It seems like the MSD is a little more adjustable, and it just a little more.

Chuck, any reason as to buying this one?

cals400ex
04-23-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

yeah, i am wondering the same. i think you can get the dyna for under $300 and the msd is right under $400 if i remember correctly. i have a feeling the dyna is a bit easier to install but i am really thinking about getting the msd.

wilkin250r
04-23-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm sure a local race shop would have the programming kit, and you can get a curve set up for much less than it would cost you to buy the programming kit yourself...

foleyit
04-23-2004, 02:41 PM
I blew mine up back on 3/20 weekend, and send it back to Dyna. Needless to say, Dyna themselves didn't have any stock and I was told that they aren't going to have any more until May.

Also, don't disconnected your switch selector as it will default back to stock.

chucked
04-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2

MSD wasnt worth the extra $150 to me and my shop already had the programing software

chucked
04-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
yeah, i am wondering the same. i think you can get the dyna for under $300 and the msd is right under $400 if i remember correctly. i have a feeling the dyna is a bit easier to install but i am really thinking about getting the msd.

the dyna took about 5 mins to completely install.

cals400ex
04-24-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by chucked
the dyna took about 5 mins to completely install.

yeah, that is what i figured. you can't beat that.