PDA

View Full Version : Break in

Max400
04-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I just put a new piston in and a stage 1 hot cam, I have ridden it around for about 30 mins. I'm going to re-adjust my valves and change the oil, Is that enough break in time and can open it up and she what it does? or should I give it a little more break in time?

COOTERGUY
04-22-2004, 08:26 PM
I KNOW YOU WANT TO PUNCH IT AND SEE WHAT YOU'VE GAINED, BUT YOU SHOULD TREAT IT JUST LIKE IT WAS BRAND NEW. MAINLY BECAUSE INSIDE IT IS. MOST SHOPS RECOMMEND A 5 TO 10 HOUR BREAK IN PERIOD WHERE YOU TRY NOT TO GO OVER 1/2 THROTTLE JUST TO LET THE RINGS SEAT IN SUPER GOOD. IT WILL ALL PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN.

Rebelrider4OOex
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by COOTERGUY
I KNOW YOU WANT TO PUNCH IT AND SEE WHAT YOU'VE GAINED, BUT YOU SHOULD TREAT IT JUST LIKE IT WAS BRAND NEW. MAINLY BECAUSE INSIDE IT IS. MOST SHOPS RECOMMEND A 5 TO 10 HOUR BREAK IN PERIOD WHERE YOU TRY NOT TO GO OVER 1/2 THROTTLE JUST TO LET THE RINGS SEAT IN SUPER GOOD. IT WILL ALL PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN.

oh man i hope not they didnt tell me that crpa when i boight my 400ex new last month i hope i didnt mess the pstion or rings up.............:(

Max400
04-22-2004, 09:35 PM
I can already feel the difference. I can't wait till it's broke in :D ..
I just left the stock bore and got a JE high dome piston and stg. 1 cam and I can teel a difference, I bet a 416 with a stg. 2 would scream. But for just trail riding it really woke up the motor.

Silver400EXinBR
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
wel i just got mine finished with everything in my sig... I went from boner stock to what I have now,.. and beleive me it is worth every penny!!!!!