PDA

View Full Version : Uncorking gokarts?

hondafox440
04-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Me and some buddies are taking the day off from school tomorrow (had a shooting threat, and I wasn't going in anyways since I just had my wisdom teeth taken out - can't eat anything solid) and we are going to go mini golfing/gokarting. I have read bits and pieces about untapping the gokarts to make them go faster, my removing the governor. Is this true? I know they are goverened, but can we realistically remove the governor while the pimply faced kid who is making a career there is watching? If so, how?

Honda4trax250x
04-22-2004, 07:14 PM
okay, there will be a wire linkage going from the governor ( which is inside of the shroud, above the flywheel) disconnect it from the throttle, that baby will ripppp

chucked
04-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
okay, there will be a wire linkage going from the governor ( which is inside of the shroud, above the flywheel) disconnect it from the throttle, that baby will ripppp

NOPE!, If its a honda motor (which I dont know of any commercial go kart that is made w/o a honda) the governor is a spring link in the linkage. But you can bypass this by hitting the linkage underneath the gas tank on the right side of the motor. If it has a larger gas tank installed (which it probably does) it will just be on top of the motor on the right side (pull start side) so just get your fingers on that and just push and pull until you notice something. He will probably kick you out though because it is extremely dangerous, my buddy had a compound fracture in his arm from wrecking one time while screwing with the governor. and hey, the go kart track was the coolest job ive ever had.

TheFontMaster
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
What about the govenors for golf carts, are they the same as gocarts? i can doughnut golf carts w/ the govoner, I can only imagine what they would do w/out it. :devil: