PDA

View Full Version : octane booster

R-Crazy
03-16-2002, 11:36 AM
is it worth it to dump a crap load of octane booster into pump gas or just get race gas. i put about 13oz of octane boster in my 2.41gal gas tank. i got sick the next day and havent rode it. should I just get race gas?

dave

Leo
03-16-2002, 11:56 AM
is your motor stock..? if it is, why not just run high-test pump..?

if I had to choose between race gas or octane boosters, I'd go with the race gas anyday..

Leo

400exRacerX
03-16-2002, 12:02 PM
The only reason why you would need race gas is if you are running 11:1 compression or higher and with any after market cam shaft. From the looks of your signature you have a stock motor, so you are just wasting your money. That expensive race gas doesn't do anything more to your motor than premium gas would. I have a 10.8:1 .80 over piston with a xr400 camshaft and I still run premium. If I race I'll go 50/50 race and premium. If I were you I would stop wasting my money and just buy premium pump gas.

crouse267
03-16-2002, 12:10 PM
ya man running that much octane boster is hard on your engine. you are only supposed to mix that stuff about 1-2 oz per gallon. my friend was doing that (mixing a bottle per tank) and now he cant ride because of the hole in his piston. just run premium pump gas

03-16-2002, 12:40 PM
dude that hurts your engine bad. i have a friend and he started putting too much octane booster in his warrior and screwed up his piston so metal got all in the block and it was bad. Race gas wouldnt do anything that premium gas would do. I sugest useing the correct mixture that it says on the back of the bottle:macho