PDA

View Full Version : Injuries?

logan
04-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Who here has pics or stories of there injuries on a quad?
I dont wonna feel left out here. (cuz im broke rite now):blah:

the yazer
04-22-2004, 04:41 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99782

not much broke just a finger

lol
04-22-2004, 04:42 PM
i dnt wna get into it:o :rolleyes:

Urpoisonddream
04-22-2004, 04:44 PM
i wish i did but i dont. I dont have a quad but one time when i was little i was riding on the back of my dads bike in those baby seats and going on a bike ride and i let my foot get too close to the wheel and my ankle got caught in the spokes. He had to cut them to get me out and i went to the hostpital.:p

04-22-2004, 05:07 PM
when i was 3 i hit my head on a coffe table and cracked it wide open lol:o

theTman
04-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by member
when i was 3 i hit my head on a coffe table and cracked it wide open lol:o

been there done that... after i got stic.hes...like 2 days later i biurnt the shiz outta my arm with coffee... ahh the good ol days..lol:p

Urpoisonddream
04-22-2004, 05:14 PM
You get some quad injuries soon, but until then i was learing how to walk and i slipped on a toy and my head went through the front window. the glass cut my nose and up under my left eye. still have a little scar on my nose. but I must have had a huge head when i was little to have broke the glass huh?

brian-250
04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
flipped down a hill and smashed my wrist between a rock and my bars,350 pound quad kinda hurts when it hit!:eek2: that was a nasty bruise:o

roostin_dale
04-22-2004, 06:17 PM
for my age, with all my injuries, my body will function like a 60yr old when im 30...

Broken arm (in 3 places, one on the elbow), fractured knee cap and foot, Numerous broken fingers(one right now), 10 stiches in chin, broken nose, 1 broke rib and 2 bruised, lots of bruised shin bones...maybe even more, hell if i know, lol:blah:

Atreyu
04-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Broke both ankles (same time), fractured a plate in my elbow, wrist, disks in neck, all fingers, all knuckles, tailbone 3x, nose 3x..

Most of them were from riding, a few from doing other misc dumb things..:rolleyes:

2001400ex
04-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Nothing. (and I don't ride like a ***, I ride hard.) the only thing that happened to me was not because of my own stupidity, my brothers of course. He is so retarded he didn't realize that going backwards down a paved road and turning the bars back and forth fast would make the quad flip over. It did a barrel roll and All my weight and his landed on my right wrist, nothing broke though. One time I was coming around a turn too quick clipped the side of a tree and launched off of it and that did a barrel roll as well. No injuries besides the scrapes on my helmet.:D

SmokinEX
04-22-2004, 06:45 PM
I hit a car once 5th gear pinned, lifted the front tires of the car off the ground, walked away from that . another time i was doin a wheelie down a hill and i hit a rutt on the path , snapped the grab bar off and it stuck in my ***** hadda get a few stiches ,
Broke my back in a car accident when i was 16

sam the brave
04-22-2004, 06:50 PM
there are a good amout here http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97574&highlight=how+many+bones+have+u+broken but my most receint was i tried a super man and miss the peg on the landing and broke my fibula

04-22-2004, 07:03 PM
well not on a quad but i did knock out my front teeth,7 stictes in lip(barely noticable)...and fractured nose.....

400exdad
04-22-2004, 07:42 PM
It was New Years Eve 1999... has it been that long already? :eek2: ... anyway, I was riding in this Christmas ride / poker run. A couple of my friends who think everytime you get on a quad, its a race... were leaving me and another friend of mine. Actually, I was being dusted until one of them crashed and I caught up to him. It was freezing cold outside but sunny. Anyway, we went one way... and it was good, but no tracks. We were some of the first ones out because the ground was frozen and the bikes were putting along! Anyway, we turned around and went the way the others went, which put me and the 300 with a short swing arm up this hill which was pretty steep and rutted. Due to my inexperience, the swingarm skid bottomed out and the quad flipped down the hill. I was okay, but the bars were bent. Well, we just had to go on right? :huh So, I did it again.... this time, I knew I was going to crash, but seemed to think that I had to just "do it". Dumb! I flipped again, this time the quad hit the side of my leg from the side. I got back on, hurt and continued on until the trail ran out and a guy broke thru the ice and just about froze to death. This time he was dumb. :huh Finally got back to the truck... coudn't hardly walk...... and eventually found out I had a fractured tibia.... right at the knee joint. 12 weeks in a brace, but luckily no surgery! :) sort of a smile anyway. It could have been worse. Today, I still feel pain from time to time and it does get sore. I'm sure the knee will have to be replaced some day. Until then, I'll pretty much do what I want to and ride a little smarter. That is probably the 5 minutes, in my life, that I wish I could "do over". ;)

Nausty
04-22-2004, 07:51 PM
few concussions
broken collar bone
total of over 100 stitches ( no joke)
skin graft

then tons of little things like cracked ribs, buised lungs, ect, ect.

I learned it the hard way, its not worth acting like your hot **** and going for every jump you see trying to get better. Because in the end you either just wanna quit riding, you pay out the *** for parts and you don't become as good of a rider because you sit out so much.

Disaster
04-22-2004, 11:33 PM
nothing bad from bikes or quads but broken toe and finger from skateboarding

nky400
04-23-2004, 10:59 AM
scraped up back, bruised ribs, helmet is junk. rolled six times on top of me. could've been worse, a lot worse. rear rotor bent over the caliper, bent tie rods, bent axle. like i said it could've been worse, all of this stuff was fixable.
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4173072/51843560.jpg http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4173072/51843164.jpg http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4173072/51843497.jpg http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4173072/51843144.jpg http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/2144615/4173072/51843078.jpg
i'm sure a lot of people haven't been as lucky

250rider4lyfe
04-23-2004, 04:22 PM
I was hitting a stupid little jump and I leaned forward to much to land and hit the front tires off the landing. It snapped both the bones in my arm and I almost lost control of my hand. I can finally ride for the first time on saturday.:devil:

Flip_SideEX
04-23-2004, 08:23 PM
I have a fun filled life with no broken bones. Sprained my ankle once though:rolleyes: . But yesterday one of my friends was driving and got hit by a train. The driver was ok, only a few minor things. The passenger got airlifted to Minneapolis and he only had a concussion and 30 stitches on his forehead, (cause he went through the windshield but not ejected from the car). He should be home by now.

Good lesson in life: Always wear your seat belts, cause my friends didnt and they are luckly!!!! Another rule is never try to out run a train. They figured that he was going about 65 when he started to brake and there was brake skids of about 20 yards. so he hit the train with some impact.

CowsBitePeople
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
messed upmy tail bone on a dirtbike once wheelin went back to far goin atleast 50, but other than that ive been very lucky, never flipped and of my quads or friends thank god or crashed into anything

partyboy300ex
04-24-2004, 04:17 PM
i have wrecked to many times to count and broke to many bones to count but my latest is..i came up out of a ditch and was in 3rd gear and got nailed by a truck i went over the bars on pavement and i broke bolth bones inmy arm in 2 places the bone came out of the skin i cracked my hip and cut my other arm and my leg i was in the hospital for 3 days after a 3 hour surgery

Got nads?
04-24-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
well not on a quad but i did knock out my front teeth,7 stictes in lip(barely noticable)...and fractured nose.....

Yeah well, when I was 10 my twin bro bfell and broke his two front teeth on my head. I was good for 14 stitches and he's got false front teeth!