PDA

View Full Version : Transmission? Clutch? Problem

Team Outlaw #34
04-22-2004, 11:45 AM
I have a 2002 400EX that has been acting up lately.

This is what it does:

When I shift from 2nd into 3rd gear it makes a big clang noise like something is dragging and it does that for a few seconds and then it kicks in gear....

Another problem is is that I can't wheelie the thing anymore....It seems like when I pop the clutch it just revs up really high and i loose an incredible amount of power....and last year I could wheelie the thing very easily....

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks my clutch or tranny is going out....has anyone else had problems like this?

I appreciate any suggestions....and as you can tell i don't know the most about engines....

Ryan
04-22-2004, 11:48 AM
I'd check your clutch. You probably need new clutch plates.

RMX500
04-22-2004, 12:00 PM
plates might be sticking.. or you just need new plates. that's definitely the problem. when you rev up high and nothing comes out it's usually a clutch plate problem. the noise and delay of response you get probably means they are doing more than sticking.

when I first got my Predator it revved high and didn't put out. It's clutch plates were sticking and I got that fixed really quick.

Scott-300ex
04-22-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah, clutch

and adjust your linkage

Team Outlaw #34
04-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey thanks for all of the replys....I think i'm giong to buy a new clutch this weekend thanks again....