PDA

View Full Version : New type of racing? MX and XC as one

lt250r91
04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Just read on gnccracing website that they are going to try something new at the High Point memorial day weekend.

For details:
http://www.gnccracing.com/News/MotoXCountry.html

Pappy
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
maybe new at high point, but the alot of the gncc and local hare scrambles incorperate a MX track into the HS course. it will be kind of cool being able to race that event and then hang out to watch the pro bikes hit hi point!

lt250r91
04-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah I know as a Xc racer we do race on mx tracks. But the format will be different. It sounds like 2- 45 minutes motos that will have a 4 mile loop (woods and mx).

quadjeff
04-22-2004, 11:37 AM
WORCS does that. They incorporate MX and XC. You get to ride the MX track plus the XC for 90minutes. Great for spectators...

04-22-2004, 11:38 AM
What is this NO quad crap. get my hopes up for nothing!!!!!!!

Natertot426ex
04-22-2004, 11:40 AM
This is what the WORCS series is doing. It is a fun format!!

quadjeff
04-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Feel lucky, out here on the west coast we get that crap "No Quads" all the time... It sucks... WORCS is the only real series we can ride. I wish I was on the EAST Coast...

Wingnut
04-22-2004, 12:33 PM
I don't get it. :confused: They've been using MX tracks since before I started racing the GNCCs. And, if you read further, they aren't going to be using the MX track at High Point. :rolleyes: I guess they are just trying to get the MXers interested in the GNCCs by having mini XC races.

MooseRacing
04-22-2004, 12:46 PM
After talking to Racer Productions the deal is a grass track race sort of euro style that will be one 45 minute race.

It is being done as a fun precusor to the MX nationals to give the amateurs stuff to do for the weekend instead of just racing on Friday on the MX track and then just hanging around all day Sat watching pro practice and qualifying with nothing to do.....it will also lead into the MiniMoto Nationals that will take place on Sat nights prior to the nationals for pitbike racers.

And no there will not be any quads at the first one.....just so they can get a grip on how to run this before turning it into a major deal.

This going to be a fun event in which someone can participate that doesn't necessarily have the ability to compete in GNCC or MX.