PDA

View Full Version : Wheel spacers

08-23-2001, 10:55 PM
Do any of you guys or girls have wheel spacers? If so, do you like them? Do they give you more stability? Do they make a differance? Are they worth the money?

Thank you:) :) :) :confused: :confused:

Drtridr18
08-24-2001, 04:12 AM
I work in a machine shop, so i have access to all kinds of cool stuff...I turned a set of 2" wheel spacers for my friend's 400ex from billet aluminum which turned out very nice and fit awesome, look like no other ones out there of course,he also flipped his front rims inside out, and oh yea does it handle way better, it just cuts, when i got on it, it was like you didn't have to lean into the corners nearly as much if you didn't want to, and the rear end was a lot more controllable. The only thing i guess is, with the stock axle, it will make it more succeptibe to bending, so if you like h u g e air, just be careful, but my friend has taken some mad jumps with no problem!
Hope it helps!!

Winged Warrior
08-24-2001, 06:29 PM
I got2 1/2 on each side in the back for flat track. no good for trails, too wide.I love em!

AlaskaSpeed
08-24-2001, 08:17 PM
I have the Durablue front 1.5" spacers and combined with the Durablue +4 rear axle it makes a huge diff...!! Add the other mods I have and you have one awesome handling and very stable quad.....JIM

08-30-2001, 10:10 PM
I honestly dont really feel a difference i think i have 1.5" spacers for the front

AlaskaSpeed
08-31-2001, 12:30 AM
You don't feel a difference? Wider is more stable in my opinion and the difference I feel is night and day....that could also be the ZPS shocks combined though...and the rear axle wider.....JIM

fourwhls
08-31-2001, 04:47 AM
The wheel spacers definitely make a difference. I used to have the front and the rear. I would make one recommendation. If you ride mx and do a lot of big jumping, don't buy the composite spacers. Buy the aluminum ones. I shattered two sets of rear composite spacers.
Spacers are great for the rider that cannot afford the a-arms and axle. I will say that spacers did not cut it for me. I saved the money until I could by the arms, axle, and shocks.
It's killing me, I have had a set of Houser a-arms hanging on the wall in my garage for about two months now. I finally have enough money for the shocks. I ordered them yesterday, but I will not get them for 4-6 weeks. I want to bolt them on soooo bad, but I know it won't work with stock shocks. I guess I will be riding with my spacers for another month or so.

08-31-2001, 07:46 AM
I bent a spindle running spacers up front but I think that has to do with my fat arse jumping it sooo much,,,I got me some new A-arms now so I don't have ta worry about it anymore..:D :D :D