PDA

View Full Version : On A Diet

RMX500
04-22-2004, 03:28 AM
I've been having a lot of fun with my Predator with the mods it has on it right now but it's still heavier than the YFZ450 and the 450R by a solid 62lbs. I know the stock horsepower of the Predator is right with the 450's but it's losing torque against thr 450R and it still weighs more than the 450's or close open class machines like the Raptor.

So I decided I'm going to put my ******* Predator on a diet.. drop ALL the current mods and start over. So here's the weight loss plan and the mods plan.

Weight Loss

Aluminum handlebars, removed skids, lighter wheels, remove exess plastic (on handlebars), lighter axle, lighter steering stem, lighter heel guards from Rath Racing, chromoly subframe from Rath Racing, billet rear hubs.

Mods

Full White Bros. (Pure Polaris) system, Rath Racing Air Intake mod with K&N filter + outerwares, JE 11.5:1 piston.

Other mods

Fox AirShox, Rath Sway Bar, Rath Graphics kit

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the end I should have a 350lb range Predator with an *** load of power. If it were 450cc's it would be a competitor against the YFZ and TRX no problem. Maybe in 06' Polaris will put out that Predator Venom withthe desleeved 450cc motor. Then they'll be competitve in the 450cc class again.

The Predator btw just got ranked best open class machine by ATV Rider
:D

bradley300
04-22-2004, 07:56 AM
pretty sure, but i think chromoly is heavier than the stock sub-frame. sounds like you got a good plan goin.

i think theres an old thread called "lightest 400ex ever" where you might get some more weight loss ideas

RMX500
04-22-2004, 09:49 AM
the chromoly subframe from Rath Racing is actually quite a bit lighter than the stock subframe. I'll have to re-check the site for the exact numbers.

CowsBitePeople
04-23-2004, 08:58 PM
all that will reduce 61 pounds??

thomez
04-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Maybe 25

Cody_300ex
04-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by thomez
Maybe 25

Thats about what I was thinking. Maybe 35 tops.

RMX500
04-25-2004, 05:15 AM
update:

weight: 383lbs at this moment. still needs to lose some plastic, have the new full system installed, get the lighter axle, lighter heels, remove skids, lighter wheels and the intake mod. lights and battery are out at time of weighing.

CowsBitePeople
04-25-2004, 07:34 AM
u could go on a diet?? then itll add up to less weight when ur ridin:blah:

Berry
04-25-2004, 09:05 AM
lmao dude good luck with your plastic steering stem and axle and everything else you mentioned! replacing all of that stuff is not going to make a difference, not enough to notice anyway

RMX500
04-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Update: 1 1/8" steering stem is in place. Chromoly subframe (5lbs less than stock) is in place and the intake mod has been cancelled along with the WB Full system and fox airshox. The bike is now sporting new Black Fullbore plastics and a bling-star on the front.

We're at 383lbs solid and I'm currently on hold for funds to pick up the LTE Dual Exhaust which I've been debating furiously for some time. I finally decided to go with it because it also requires an airbox mod similar to the Rath Intake mod and I'll be switching from a panel filter to the cylindrical K&N filter and outerwares.

new future plans include a sway bar, a full 560 or 580 kit, an edelbrock pumper carb, carbon fiber wheels, chroming on the frame, and some pro-armor goodies, also to be chromed.

edit: and I lost 3lbs putting me at 184. .. lol :D