PDA

View Full Version : Beadlock Problem?

BLURR250X
04-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I just bought a set of Champion Beadlocks on here but I can't keep the tires on them.I keep blowing the beads on them.I noticed that the outer ring isn't sealing tight against the tire.I was just wondering if i could by new outer rings.If so where and how much are they?

RytM1
04-22-2004, 05:59 PM
I had a problem seating one of the beads on my beadlocks too. I'm running Razr's, and even though they have a directional arrow on them, they can be reversed (I would think your tamers may be the same way). Problem was that the machine the dealer used to remove/mount the Razr's from the old rims, gouged the crap outta the inner bead. Took the tire off and put it on backwards, so that the inner bead was now on the outside, held in by the ring, and no more problems

BLURR250X
04-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Ok I'll try that.thanks

ZRider400
04-24-2004, 07:53 AM
i had the same thing happen to a set of tires a while ago..

a dealership removed them and messed up the bead area with their machine.

i got pissed and they bought me new tires

protraxrptr17
04-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey Blurr, how's that Raptor shock workin' for ya? Are you talking about the bolt-on outer ring? If so lay it on some conrete and hammer it back out flat. I have to do mine every so often. They get kinda warped.

BLURR250X
04-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey the raptor shock is working great. I just mounted the rezzy in the wrong place and my chain hit a couple times but luckily it didn't put a hole in it. Its working a lot better than my old stock shock. Yes the beadlocks have the bolt on outer ring and they do look a little bent so i'll try that. Would it be better to bolt the rings on the rims and then hit them or take them off the rims first?

protraxrptr17
04-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Take em off and lay em on a block of wood face down and whack away!

BLURR250X
04-28-2004, 05:15 PM
Well Its not the outter rings that are making the beads pop. I took the tires off tonight and re mounted them and got the beads to seal. When I let the air pressure in the tire down to about 5-6lbs the tire started pulling off the outer bead. What is causing this???any ideas??

protraxrptr17
04-28-2004, 08:09 PM
I haven't figured out which side of the rim you're talking about the tire pulling off of. You have to be talking about the inside bead. When I say inside bead I mean the side facing the swingarm when the wheel is on the quad. If this is it, you must not be airing the tire up to enough pressure to seat it all the way onto the bead. Sometimes you have to air em up to more than 50lbs. I know the tire says 30lbs max, but that is just to keep em out of lawsuits. Also use some dish soap for lube. Put it inside the bead of the tire.

BLURR250X
04-28-2004, 08:56 PM
No the inner ring seals fine. I'm talking about the outer ring. The tire pulls away from the rim when I let the air down. I've probly had more than 50 lbs in them too.I dunno what the problem is.

RytM1
04-29-2004, 05:57 AM
If its pulling away from the bead on the outer edge, you must not be getting it locked down by the outer ring properly. That's the last place you should have a problem. Call Champion and see what they say.