PDA

View Full Version : I just bought my ATV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GodGuy
04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi guys, I just bought a brand new ex monday and I got some questions (problems) to ask you...
First of all, I'm sure that the break in have something to do with this(I hope). I was riding in the wood this morning and I stopped to help my friend getting ouit of sh*t... When I restart, I was riding slowly in 1st and it does a big pooof(like a big backfire)and the quad stopped. I restart it and after this I was hearing a little ''wind'' sound getting out of my pipe and I don't know if that matter with the break in but I hope... Finally, when I come back home, I realized that it was bogging and it doesn't idle properly... I'll change my oil and my oil filter, check my plug, air filter tomorrow but i'd like ur advices about break in; is it normal that everything seems to go worst... I can't wait for my big tune-up cuz I'm worried now....Tell me plz what's normal to be weird and what's not.
Thanks for your help... :)

Berry
04-21-2004, 09:13 PM
im not sure about that whining noise and stuff like that but i think the reason it backfired and shut off was because you were bogging it to much? try revving it up more when your riding! also read your owners manual on how to idle it up with the idle screw!

MIKE400EX
04-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Check your carb insulator (boot) and clamp.

SPEED-MDS
04-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Also, most dealers dont take the time to set the bike up properly. Check the idle speed and all the cables to make sure they are adjusted right. 400ex's do have a whining noise on startup, I think its the oil pump and its normal.

GodGuy
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS !!! :)