PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Va

bevel head
04-21-2004, 07:32 PM
im looking for somewere to ride around the Winchester Va area.

YLW400
04-22-2004, 08:07 AM
There is TOmahawk over in Hedgesville, WV.....And also, if they still let quads ride there Mountaineer, which is in Inwood, WV....My sister lives off of the Toms Brook exit....about 30 minutes up the road from Winchester..

Pappy
04-22-2004, 08:08 AM
someone told me quads were allowed back at mountaineer:confused:

YLW400
04-22-2004, 08:17 AM
I think I have heard that too......D-7 here we come!!! lol

dopeyferree
04-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Have you checked out the Cove. go to www.motocove.com

Pappy
04-23-2004, 05:42 PM
i couldnt get that link to work but finally i found the info:

The Cove, Gore (near Winchester) (VA)
http://www.motocove.com/
Always call ahead before you come - Willis McDowell (540) 858-2882
1500+ acres of land in the back of the family property. Good family riding and also good hard enduro trail training.
WINTER RIDING - October through March (Every day)
SUMMER RIDING - April through September (BY APPOINTMENT ONLY)
20-30 miles of trails, some of it challenging to the beginner rider. Beginner to hero trail options with lots of hills and rocks. Plenty of good riding for all skill levels, but riders must take care to stay on the trail system and avoid main dirt roads, since the facility operates as a quiet family campground on the front of the property. Bikes must be QUIET and riders well behaved in the summer. VERY reasonable daily riding fee!! Camping and snowtubing are available! Free trail maps.
Some dates and weekends are closed to ALL riding, call ahead!
(My personal favorite place to take my kids and ride.. these are WONDERFUL folks)
From the North - exit 317 on I-81 (Winchester VA), take Rt 37 south to Rt 50
Take Rt 50 West approximately 8 miles to Gore. You'll see a small sign pointing left that says "Gore" at Rt 751, turn left. (Follow the Boy Scout Camp signs) Go 1/2 mile, turn left on Rt 704 (Back Creek Road). Take Rt 704 for 4-1/2 miles to Rt 683. Take Rt 683 for 1/2 mile to the Cove entrance on the left. You will pass the entrance to the Boy Scout Camp on the right, bear left. Follow the Cove road for one mile to the Cove Lake and the Cove Headquarters.