PDA

View Full Version : chaser pills?

HoNdAdude48
04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
do those things really prevent hangovers? j/w Just saw this commercial for um' & doesnt sound that convincing.

tclapp
04-21-2004, 04:20 PM
I've never tried em but i've heard that they work pretty well, actaully a lota frats here on campus swear by them.

M300ex03
04-21-2004, 04:34 PM
I dont know but i like the comerel found it funny...:p

CowsBitePeople
04-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by M300ex03
I dont know but i like the comerel found it funny...:p
lol i heard they work great where do you get them??

sweet300ex
04-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
lol i heard they work great where do you get them??
ive heard the exact opposite:confused:

Willfulone
04-21-2004, 06:33 PM
...If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

...right Pappy

Peace
Willfulone

Guy400
04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Simple fact of the matter is the best thing to get rid of hangovers is getting a little bit of hair off the dog that bit ya.

There is no miracle cure but the age old tricks seem to be the most consistent: drink plenty of water before going to sleep, get some food in your stomach, pop 2 Tylenol and then zonk out for the night. In the morning take 2 more Tylenol, a tall cup of stout coffee, eat a good breakfast and continue drinking water. Or, you could have another beer:macho

04-21-2004, 07:11 PM
just drink another beer when u wake up, of course i dont know first hand:o my friends swear by it! lol

knighttime
04-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Simple fact of the matter is the best thing to get rid of hangovers is getting a little bit of hair off the dog that bit ya.

There is no miracle cure but the age old tricks seem to be the most consistent: drink plenty of water before going to sleep, get some food in your stomach, pop 2 Tylenol and then zonk out for the night. In the morning take 2 more Tylenol, a tall cup of stout coffee, eat a good breakfast and continue drinking water. Or, you could have another beer:macho

i wont make a habit of the "tylenol/acetaminophen" if you want your liver to keep workin good. try std aspirin or something with ibuprofen in it.

FROM THE TYLENOL WEBSITE ~~~
Tylenol Regular Strength & Extra Strength
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
~~~

I'm just givin a shout out for anyone who wants to know. I will not debate tylenol and liver damage and I dont really care what ya take.

:bandit: :bandit:

SGA
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
I found out how to stop hangovers...

I quit drinking large amounts of beer:)

Quad18star
04-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Two glasses of water before you go to bed will most likely help with a beer hangover . If you're into the harder stuff like Rye and Tequila .... you're up shizzle creek without a paddle . Ive heard that eating a slice of bread before going to bed helps and also having a greasy meal like McDs or soemthing like that before goign out drinking helps . Ive done the greasy meal part before and seems to do me pretty good .

batgeek
04-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I found out how to stop hangovers...

I quit drinking large amounts of beer:)

not good...not good...

makes Baby Jesus cry :(

Ryan
04-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
not good...not good...

LMAO

TDBRPH
04-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Typically the normal daily max for Tylenol is 4000mg if you have a normally functioning Liver. Now if you are an end stage patient with Cirrhosis obviously you dont want to take that much. Remember to add the tylenol that is in your Darvocet, Vicodin or Percocet when calculating your total daily tylenol intake ;) One important thing people over look.

Tylenol = Good for fever and pain
Ibuprofen/ Naproxen / Aspirin (NSAIDS) = Good for fever, pain and most importantly inflammation which causes pain in a lot of circumstances.

Guy was correct a hangover is simply your brains way of saying " I need Water" Think about it the more you drink the more you piss. Alcohol inhibits ADH( AntiDiuretic Hormone) the hormone that keeps you from peeing. Along with the bud light electrolytes and water are also flushed from your system.

In conclusion when drinking in excess I always take a couple of ibuprofens two glasses of water (Gatorade works well too) a multiple vitamin and a good long sleep.

Later
Triston

JLanphear
04-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Fiber Pills help also

Juggalo
04-21-2004, 11:01 PM
i love that commercial! that guy looks so haggared! haha

stace609
04-21-2004, 11:12 PM
wow the things you can learn on exriders:cool:

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 11:53 PM

There is no miracle cure but the age old tricks seem to be the most consistent: drink plenty of water before going to sleep, get some food in your stomach, pop 2 Tylenol and then zonk out for the night. In the morning take 2 more Tylenol, a tall cup of stout coffee, eat a good breakfast and continue drinking water. Or, you could have another beer:macho you took the words right out of my mouth........:D

MOFO
04-22-2004, 04:44 AM
Yep.... exactly what Guy said is what I do and it works great... other than the fact that I'm usually VERY tired due to being up late.

zephead400ex
04-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by knighttime
i wont make a habit of the "tylenol/acetaminophen" if you want your liver to keep workin good. try std aspirin or something with ibuprofen in it.

FROM THE TYLENOL WEBSITE ~~~
Tylenol Regular Strength & Extra Strength
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
~~~

I'm just givin a shout out for anyone who wants to know. I will not debate tylenol and liver damage and I dont really care what ya take.

:bandit: :bandit:

Before I found out that acetominophen can cause liver damage, I was taking 15 generic acetominophen pain relievers before I would start drinking:eek2: I would get pretty f'd up but it was stupid in hind sight. Now I stick to Lortab before drinking...:p

Pappy
04-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Willfulone
...If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

...right Pappy

Peace
Willfulone

oh god:o

the worst hangover i ever had was when i was 15. we had one hell of a party at my house....i lost count of what all i drank. the next moring i could barely walk and there wasnt anything to drink...no more beer..no whiskey ..no sodas not even milk. so i started drinking mass amounts of water. an hour later i was out trying to find someone to buy me more beer for later that night:devil:

water and rehydration will take the fight out of a hangover for sure. or drink 3 beers as soon as ya wake up:p

toby400ex
04-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Good info for the young learning teens on this site.:p

Pappy
04-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Good info for the young learning teens on this site.:p

well everyone is young once. i think the biggest difference back then was that we sstayed home...we didnt dare drive around. hell i knew parents that told us to come to thier house if we were gonna drink. i understand why now, back then i just thought they were some kick *** parents:D

drinking like anything else should be moderated. too much of anything aint good for ya...except sex. a guidence counsler told me along time ago that too much sex would kill me...ive been trying suicide from sex for the last 20 years and nothing yet:devil:

Ryan
04-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

drinking like anything else should be moderated. too much of anything aint good for ya...except sex. a guidence counsler told me along time ago that too much sex would kill me...ive been trying suicide from sex for the last 20 years and nothing yet:devil:

Hey....... doesn't your son read some of these posts? :eek: :D

Pappy
04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Hey....... doesn't your son read some of these posts? :eek: :D

we dont live in a dream world...i dont hide nothing from kids:p

zephead400ex
04-22-2004, 09:34 AM
we dont live in a dream world...i dont hide nothing from kids:p

You don't let them join in do you?:eek2:

Ryan
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
:rolleyes: That was just wrong.

Pappy
04-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
You don't let them join in do you?:eek2:

ummm no:eek2:

zephead400ex
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
ummm no:eek2:

I was joking dude.

wilkin250r
04-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Maybe that's the miracle cure. Sex will get rid of your hangover! :cool:

QuadJunkies
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Maybe that's the miracle cure. Sex will get rid of your hangover! :cool: :devil: I cant think of any better way of getting rid of one........

Quad18star
04-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Dirty minded people around here I tell ya !!! ;) Get your heads outta the gutter and get another beer :devil:

nuttynewt
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
I've been so drunk a few times that I woke up the next morning with a hangover and pounded a few glasses of water and somehow it made me drunk again??? Like almost not being able to stand up drunk... I've only had it happen on a whiskey drunk, though. Anyone else?

MOFO
04-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by nuttynewt
I've been so drunk a few times that I woke up the next morning with a hangover and pounded a few glasses of water and somehow it made me drunk again??? Like almost not being able to stand up drunk... I've only had it happen on a whiskey drunk, though. Anyone else?

cant say I've had that happen, but I have waken up the next morning still drunk.... thats the other key to not getting hungover... I've noticed that when I drink all night and sleep like 3 hours...no hangover...just still drunk. :devil:

knighttime
04-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
cant say I've had that happen, but I have waken up the next morning still drunk.... thats the other key to not getting hungover... I've noticed that when I drink all night and sleep like 3 hours...no hangover...just still drunk. :devil:

yeah, it seems like that happens sometimes :blah:

i just remembered an awesome hangover cure that is better than chasers or anything else. when your done drinking for the night, swallow a sugar packet or 2 with about 20 ounces of water. the sugar breaks done the remainin alcohol in your stomach so it doesnt soak in and make ya feel like dead man walking. it worked when i went on a cruise last summer and drank alot for like 7+ days straight :D

MOFO
04-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
it worked when i went on a cruise last summer and drank alot for like 7+ days straight :D

thats the only time you've drank 7 days in a row? I dont think so... :devil:

zephead400ex
04-22-2004, 02:57 PM
hmm...that is interesting. Knighttime, I am going to try that method tonight. Take the sugar and water before I go to bed?

knighttime
04-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
hmm...that is interesting. Knighttime, I am going to try that method tonight. Take the sugar and water before I go to bed?

take it right after your done gettin drunk. :blah:

:bandit:

roostin_dale
04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
my worst one was around a month ago when my parents were out of town, wild arse party and everyone in school was here, i hardly remember it:o

don't go to sleep and you can't wake up to have a hangover...

lol
04-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

tht happened to me a couple weeks ago...... its kinda like u got a hangover all day and later that night:huh

Guy400
04-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Maybe that's the miracle cure. Sex will get rid of your hangover! :cool: And marriage gets rid of your sex!!!

lmfao:devil:

thursday
04-22-2004, 04:25 PM
my older brother had a party at college and one of his friends used to chaser pills he just starting throwing up like black goo and he still had a hangover the next day

hessianmx111
04-22-2004, 05:25 PM
something i learned in health class was that when you have a hangover the best thing you can do would be to drink water to try to rehydrate your self and your brain, he said something like the reason you have a headache the next morning is that your brain gets like dehydrated or something with the brain i dunno but the main thing was drink water:confused:

spincr4hire
04-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

Big Baby Jesus, is that you?:confused:

QuadJunkies
04-23-2004, 12:37 AM
And marriage gets rid of your sex!!!

lmfao:devil: LOL!!!!! your wife must not have hit her "prime" yet.......:devil:

Guy400
04-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LOL!!!!! your wife must not have hit her "prime" yet.......:devil: She's hit pregnancy:eek:

stace609
04-23-2004, 08:33 AM
i've never had a hangover for some reason. in like 10th or 11th grade there was a huge new years party, couldn't even walk. my sister in law had to buckle my seat belt going home. haha. anyway thought it would have been terrible the next day, but I woke up at like 9 o'clock fine:cool:

xr50layke
04-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by TDBRPH
Typically the normal daily max for Tylenol is 4000mg if you have a normally functioning Liver. Now if you are an end stage patient with Cirrhosis obviously you dont want to take that much. Remember to add the tylenol that is in your Darvocet, Vicodin or Percocet when calculating your total daily tylenol intake ;) One important thing people over look.

Tylenol = Good for fever and pain
Ibuprofen/ Naproxen / Aspirin (NSAIDS) = Good for fever, pain and most importantly inflammation which causes pain in a lot of circumstances.

Guy was correct a hangover is simply your brains way of saying " I need Water" Think about it the more you drink the more you piss. Alcohol inhibits ADH( AntiDiuretic Hormone) the hormone that keeps you from peeing. Along with the bud light electrolytes and water are also flushed from your system.

In conclusion when drinking in excess I always take a couple of ibuprofens two glasses of water (Gatorade works well too) a multiple vitamin and a good long sleep.

Later
Triston

so are you a doctor? what do you make of this :huh:
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=www.effected.wronger.com/image/infection.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.effected.wronger.com/image.html&h=265&w=400&sz=23&tbnid=09XNTVUhaVQJ:&tbnh=79&tbnw=119&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dinfection%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUT F-8%26oe%3DUTF-8

sly400ex
04-23-2004, 10:37 AM
The key is to keep hydrated, a big bottle of Gatorade before going to bed helps sometimes.....but when you drink 20+ drinks in one night, you're bound to feel something the next day!!!:devil:

QuadJunkies
04-23-2004, 10:40 AM
She's hit pregnancy:eek: then she should be NIMPHO right now then!!!!!! :eek: :o :p :devil: ;) lol.....(raging hormones ya know......;))