PDA

View Full Version : Haspin~April 25

Lil - Braff
04-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Who all will be there!? Me and my dad should be there. It's been raining so it might be a little muddy! :muscle: Can't wait!

bone705
04-21-2004, 08:30 PM
count me in. do u know how much rain they have got done there? we missed alot of it so far.

beak7707
04-21-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll be there with bone705. Hopefully it doesnt rain too much more there!

bradley300
04-21-2004, 08:47 PM
i'm doin' the rain dance

brian-250
04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i'm doin' the rain dance

NO MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ill be there showin mizz bradley how its done:macho

250EXstud
04-21-2004, 09:24 PM
I will be there. Dark Grey chevy Duramax 4 door with a 22ft. enclosed trailer come up and say hey.

bradley300
04-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
NO MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommy not going to let her baby boy get all muddy?

joshyz125
04-21-2004, 10:26 PM
I'll be there in that duramax with 250exstud. I'll the one standing with a for sale sign, and i'll be selling a yellow 400ex, $200 and it's yours

Mud sucks, but i'll be there.

RideRedEX
04-22-2004, 06:59 AM
i'll be there with bone and beak, hopefully we'll have my crap back together so i'll be riding, if not i'll make sure to take some good pictures

Braff1
04-22-2004, 07:09 AM
I'll be there with my favorite daughter.

250EXstud
04-22-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by joshyz125
I'll be there in that duramax with 250exstud. I'll the one standing with a for sale sign, and i'll be selling a yellow 400ex, $200 and it's yours

Mud sucks, but i'll be there.

:mad: yeah we wil be taking ya josh but sounds like you might get left.:blah:

brian-250
04-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
mommy not going to let her baby boy get all muddy?

when you feel a foot in your arse you wont cry will you lil boy?:blah: :macho

brian-250
04-24-2004, 05:20 PM
its offical im goin,white ford with teal stripe and 5-6 quads on the trailer:blah: its *** whoppin time:macho :blah: oh i have MOVE wrote on duct tape on the headlights:blah: :macho

bone705
04-24-2004, 08:16 PM
anyone know how much rain they have got so far?

Lil - Braff
04-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
oh i have MOVE wrote on duct tape on the headlights:blah: :macho

It's on the wrong end! It should be on the tail light! :macho :blah:

Lil - Braff
04-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by bone705
anyone know how much rain they have got so far?

2 in. so far! and it is supposed to continue through tonight and all day tomorrow until 1. Then start again at 3. We are having second thoughts about going. Dad needs to be ready for sparta and I've been sick this past week. So we are skipping this one but will be ready to go full force for the next one! :blah:

cdalejef
04-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Braff1
I'll be there with my favorite daughter. Rico isn't going, she's on her honeymoon!

bone705
04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
when are u going to make it to a haspin race jeff?

250EXstud
04-24-2004, 09:02 PM
well we are goin to be there rain..sun..hail..tornado. Its goin to be sooo wet
:p its goin to be crazy but we will try to have some fun.
I will have some pics

brian-250
04-25-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
It's on the wrong end! It should be on the tail light! :macho :blah:

nope,i have "if you can read this your to slow" on it:blah:

brian-250
04-25-2004, 12:10 PM
:mad: race is delayed until the 9th cause of mud :grr: we got all the 100 or so miles down there and went in the office and found that out:rolleyes: oh well,ha ha,we saw a doge trying to pull a 35ft trailer out of the lot man that was funny:blah: every one gonna make?:confused:

Lil - Braff
04-25-2004, 01:10 PM
So your mommy wouldn't let you go to the first race b/c of mud. But she would let you go to this one when it was actually canelled b/c of mud!? I thnk you need to get some better excuses! lol

cdalejef
04-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Rowlrag and Fred drove all the way up there only to be turned away because the promoters thought it was going to rain. That is not the way to run a race! :grr:

GNCC225
04-25-2004, 06:29 PM
They probably did everybody a big faver, becuase that place is bad even if it has'nt been raining.

Lil - Braff
04-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Jeff you like to ride in the mud so much... you should try a few races at haspin. They have some mud!!

brian-250
04-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Lil - Braff
So your mommy wouldn't let you go to the first race b/c of mud. But she would let you go to this one when it was actually canelled b/c of mud!? I thnk you need to get some better excuses! lol

STFU! i was there but we saw that dodge and said no way in hell! i think i saw dave there:confused: not sure

cdalejef
04-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Both times that I have raced there was in a monsoon down poor and it was a blast!

Lil - Braff
04-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Brian- Did you all ride at haspin at all today? Or did yall just go there and turn around? One of our buddies went there, heard the race was cancelled, but rode the course any way and said that it was pretty nice. There was one spot tho that he had to get pulled out at.

brian-250
04-25-2004, 06:53 PM
no,we circeld the parking lot and said NO lol,it was originally just me and a buddy but that got chaged if it was just us we woulda gave it hell all day:D what was your buddy driving?,i saw some trucks that looked familar:confused:

RideRedEX
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
we rode the course and it wasnt bad in the woods. there were some muddy spots but not much worse than the first race. after i broke another timing chain Beak and Bone rode the MX track and messed around. About 2 o'clock the sun was out and the wind tried everything up. I thought there website said race rain or shine? :grr:

Lil - Braff
04-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RideRedEX
I thought there website said race rain or shine? :grr:

LOL! With it being an XC racing I'd think the same thing. That's kinda funny that the race got cancelled prolly mostly b/c of the parking lot!

Not sure what he was driving brian. He was prolly in a red F150 and had a white and red raptor, and a ute. That's bout all I can guess.

jesshamner
04-26-2004, 12:07 AM
I was hoping for it to be sloppy but after all that rain and then rain again on Saturday night, I decided not to go. I figured it was going to be worse than last years Halloween 100 race. Is the reschedule officially May 9th?

david kelsch
04-26-2004, 09:57 AM
For the first time ever I wasn't able to make it to this race. I notified Danny and Becky earlier in the week. I didn't even know they cancelled it until just now. Hate to hear about cancelling it must have been a tough call. The parking lot and starting area are always the worst part of mud and haspins the track is usually the best. In several years it was about the only time its ever been cancelled, I know we cut it short once due to lightening and a bad storm blowing in.

Honda
04-26-2004, 10:24 AM
I am glad they cancelled!!! I raced the first race out there, it was a joke, I have never been so muddy in my life. Tore the hell out of my brand new 450R and all my riding gear!

It would not have been so bad if they would at least run the course in a fashion as to not direct you through every creek crossing on the property.

I don't mean to sound like a wuss, but it sucks when you have to spend a whole saturday cleaning your gear off, takes $25.00 at the coin wash to get your quad clean, and you tear up all of your equipment.

The course was Challenging, but maybe too much so. It was not even a fun race after the second lap. Maybe why a lot of riders quit the race? Torturous!

Most of the people I know will not even ride at Haspin for the reasons I mention above.

Anyway, Glad they cancelled, it would have been a mess out there, I had no plans on running the race with the amount of rain we had, knowing from experience the amount of cleanup it was going to take afterwords. I didn't want to miss a race, so I am glad the promoters decided not to run the event.

P.S. Those who are complaining for whatever reason about them cancelling the event, PLEASE!!! Common Sense should have told you that with the amount of precipitation we had, there was a good chance the event was not going to be run. :rolleyes:

RideRedEX
04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
the only problem was the parking lot it was about a inch of mud with hard pack under that. which wasnt bad cause we saw a 2wd s10 pulling a 20ft trailer with 4 quads . it wasnt bad there if you could deal with gettin ready in the mud. If your gonna cry about mud go race MX.

ridered250
04-26-2004, 03:40 PM
Im glad it was cancelled i was hoping to go out there but i couldnt becuase i was having quad problems but ill be able to make it if is rescheduled also ive never been there to race but ive been there to just ride and it stays muddy so with all the rain we had it would have been real bad

cdalejef
04-26-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Honda

P.S. Those who are complaining for whatever reason about them cancelling the event, PLEASE!!! Common Sense should have told you that with the amount of precipitation we had, there was a good chance the event was not going to be run. :rolleyes: Mud is part of XC racing! Look at the John Penton last year, it was the muddiest race I have seen in 15 years of racing, and the starting line was full! Their web site even says race rain or shine.
Like RideRed said, if you don't want to get your quad dirty, find another sport.

Honda
04-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Mud is part of XC racing! Look at the John Penton last year, it was the muddiest race I have seen in 15 years of racing, and the starting line was full! Their web site even says race rain or shine.

I agree! But, it does suck having to clean all your stuff up afterwords. Besides, the mud at haspin is more like clay, it doesn't come off very easy at all. My new 450R looked three years old after that race, the track was rough on man and machine.

I never saw any rule that said Cross Country races had to be muddy. I don't mind the mud anyway, just didn't like the fact that there was so many creek crossings in that particuler course. Hell the crossings wouldn't have been bad, if it wasn't for the steep hills into and out of the cricks, hills that got rutted out really bad near the end of the day.

See you all at the next race, mud or no mud! :cool:

cdalejef
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
I have raced there many times in pooring rain and its not that bad. Clean up is part of any type of offroading.

Honda
04-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I have raced there many times in pooring rain and its not that bad. Clean up is part of any type of offroading.

Yes! Yes it is!

I agree it would be fun to race in the rain, but haspin would be a mess. The parking lot, the steep hills and all the creek crossings. I wouldn't want to be getting ready in the mud, track it all into my truck etc.

Just my Opinion.

Cly
04-26-2004, 05:42 PM
We went and said i guess we are just riding today.....we rode around for awhile got stuck a few times and then we rode the course.it realy wasn't that bad.i think they cancelled it because of the parking lot.I was in a 2 wheel drive s10 with a trailer and my quad on it and I thought for sure I was gonna get stuck.But the guys I went with had a 4x4 so he could have pulled me out...We were there under the shelter and were probably jumping that table top with ya RideRedEX.....I was on the Red 400Ex with the K&K grafhics.......

Cly

beak7707
04-26-2004, 06:34 PM
The place did dry out fast but it was probably a good thing the race was called off. Bone, ridered, and me rode the track and it seemed like a better course to me than the last race. A lot more lines to choose from and not as rough. But after being on the course for about 10 mins, I lost all of my brakes. I realized I had lost my brakes at the top of this big ***** hill that lead into a swamp, where I got stuck. I think if they would have ran it there would have been some massive bottle necks and problems everywhere. It would have been interesting, but I think a very limited people would have actually finished.

250EXstud
04-26-2004, 07:03 PM
G wis "Honda" I never say anything about anyone on here but G wis I am sry but dang what a wuss. That race wasn't hardly muddy at all and clean up is part of riding. And you think that course is chalangeing?:huh :p

bone705
04-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Cly
We went and said i guess we are just riding today.....we rode around for awhile got stuck a few times and then we rode the course.it realy wasn't that bad.i think they cancelled it because of the parking lot.I was in a 2 wheel drive s10 with a trailer and my quad on it and I thought for sure I was gonna get stuck.But the guys I went with had a 4x4 so he could have pulled me out...We were there under the shelter and were probably jumping that table top with ya RideRedEX.....I was on the Red 400Ex with the K&K grafhics.......

Cly

yea we were hittin the table with u guys. i was the guy on the 250r. is that guy that wrecked doing the no hander a member?

Lil - Braff
04-26-2004, 09:04 PM
Are you all really complaining about the mud!?! Maybe I'm crazy but mud is one of the big parts in XC racing and maybe one of the funner parts! I lvoe to play in the mud!! Not trying to sound like a b**** or anything but if you don't want to clean off the mud then don't race XC and don't ride though the mud. So what if it's not that much fun to clean after ward but not everything in life is fun and you are the one that got that mud on there.

I am kinda glad that it got cancelled b/c dad wanted to be ready for sparta next week and I'd been sick. Is the race for SURE gonna be reschedueled for May 9th?

1rancher
04-26-2004, 09:13 PM
I LOVE MUD, rain and beer, looks like rain for Sparta, if you scared stay home

beak7707
04-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Is the race for SURE gonna be reschedueled for May 9th?

THe people working in the office said it was going to be the 9th. They didn't know if it would affect the rest of the schedule. I wouldn't think they would push the others back.

Cly
04-27-2004, 05:32 AM
.....yea we were hittin the table with u guys. i was the guy on the 250r. is that guy that wrecked doing the no hander a member?

No he is not a member.I don't think he dose to much on computers.We still had a good time even with all the mud....
I did crack my rear plastic.Probably jumping that table top with my unit all muddy.....

Cly...

Braff1
04-27-2004, 05:47 AM
I am glad they canceled. Between a broken rib and bleeding ulcer I am not in the best condition right now. I just hope the ribs are better for sparta.

bone705
04-27-2004, 08:08 AM
No he is not a member.I don't think he dose to much on computers.We still had a good time even with all the mud....
I did crack my rear plastic.Probably jumping that table top with my unit all muddy.....

Cly... [/B][/QUOTE]

I ended up with a a crack in my rear plastic too. i also destroyed my rear bearings.

david kelsch
04-29-2004, 07:19 AM
I just got the official email from becky. The April 25th Haspin Acre hare scramble will be held on May 9th. The start times are the same, don't forget we are on slow time. Also don't forget to kiss mom on the way out the door. The correct phrase is "happy mothers day".

The local weather forcast as of this morning shows rain tonight, thursday, then not again til race time sat am in Sparta. Yeah haaa. At least the parking lot won't be muddy. We're just not gonna be able to get out. If I remember most all parking is through the pro pits and vendor row at the original site. Its a bit ch to get out on a nice day let alone with the one and only grass road rutted up from trailer traffic and rain. I wouldn't miss it, see ya there.

Honda
04-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Well, I didn't realize may 9th was Mothers Day. I probably won't be able to make it, Mothers Day Plans and all. I'll give it it a shot though.

:(

cliq20
04-29-2004, 01:38 PM
same day as stone city in bedford too. looks like i'll be the only one at that race...

they want some feedback by the way,
lets help them out.

poll and reply to post.

POLL (http://stonecity.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1083095619)

reply (http://stonecity.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1083073097)

schedule (http://stonecity.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1074786836)

david kelsch
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
My last post evidently was very optimistic on the weather outlook for sparta. The general chatter from a different thread is strong chance of rain most of the day. Still goin though.

Lil - Braff
04-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Well I feel very loved by my mother b/c she said that she'll go to a race w/ me on mothers day (either Bedford, IN or haspin) Talk about an awsome mothers day!!

1rancher
04-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey LIL call ym house and talk to my mom