PDA

View Full Version : What should i do?

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Ok guys i put my paintball gun up for sale at paintballclassifids.com. well after being on ther for about a day i get a e-mail wanting to know about what kinda condition its in and all that crap. Then he e-mails me back wanting to know what my name is, address, phone #, and all that crap. Well to day he sent me this email.

Thanks for the mail,i will like to inform you that there is a mistake on the check sent the amount on the check is $6000 instead of the paintball money and it will be delivered to you any moment from tis week.all i need to inform you that as soon as you have received the check i will like you deduct your money for the Gun plus $100 for your troubles and send the excess funds on the check back to me via Money Gram.I'm sorry for the incovinencies and i hope the Gun is still inperfect condition and clean, oil and packed. So while you await for the check soon. i will like you to search for a Moneyg Gram or Western Union outlets arround you where you are going to tranfer the money.I will need an urgent response to this email asap.

Hope to read from soon.
Wade

It sounds really fishy to me. What sould I do? I told him to call me so I can talk to him and talk to my dad about it.

wilkin250r
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
It sounds like a scam. If you cash the check and take the money, and the check bounces, YOU are still held accountable for that money.

Basically, the scam works like this. They write a bad check, and you deposit it, and then pull money from your account. You send them all the excess money. Meanwhile, the check bounces, so the bank never gets that $6000, but you've already pulled it out of your account.

Don't cash it, send it back.

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 03:52 PM
ok by the way this is a cashiers check

WhiteZee
04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
this was on a local car forum, the thread was about 10 pages long, the cliff notes are DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON. it is in fact a scam.

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 04:04 PM
his e-mail address is wade_fanta@yahoo.co.uk

CowsBitePeople
04-21-2004, 04:05 PM
Can you report him to the police??probably not right?

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 04:09 PM
here are all of are e-mails. mods i put little star thingys in place of all my personal info. where's SGA?, i heard he was a good advice giver.......lol

Thanks for the mail,i will like to inform you that there is a mistake on the check sent the amount on the check is $6000 instead of the paintball money and it will be delivered to you any moment from tis week.all i need to inform you that as soon as you have received the check i will like you deduct your money for the Gun plus $100 for your troubles and send the excess funds on the check back to me via Money Gram.I'm sorry for the incovinencies and i hope the Gun is still inperfect condition and clean, oil and packed. So while you await for the check soon. i will like you to search for a Moneyg Gram or Western Union outlets arround you where you are going to tranfer the money.I will need an urgent response to this email asap.

Hope to read from soon.
Wade

Cody Martin <fastandthefurious67@msn.com> wrote:
Ok my name is Cody West Martin, **** ***** ******* Rd. , ***-***-****, my
wireless is ***-***-**** but its out of minutes so im not able to use it.

>From: wade Smith
>To: Cody Martin
>Subject: Contact Address !!
>Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:13:26 +0100 (BST)
>
> Thanks for your quick reply, I'm ok with the price and the reason of
>selling the paintball and i will like to inform you my method of
>payment. So i will instruct my client here in US who owed me
>some money to make a cashier's cheque to you soon. so i will like to
>have your Full Name on Cheque,Mailling Address, Contact home phone #
>including wireless
>phone#.i look forward to smooth businees with you..
>
> Hope to read from soon.
> Thanks
>Wade
>
>
>Cody Martin wrote:Dear Wade,
>
>I really need 280 out of this, i have more than 100 dollars in aftermarket
>parts into it. The reason im selling is I'm ready to upgrade to a faster
>gun. I would think shipping would be around 25 dollars. I probley can't
>ship
>via Fedex because theres not one near my location, but I can ship UPS, or
>USPS.
>
>Thank you for your intrest in my gun,
>cody martin
>
>
>
> >From: ""
> >Reply-To: ""
> >To: ""
> >Subject: Paintball Classifieds: You have a question regarding your ad
> >#28514
> >Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:52:09 -0700
> >
> >Hello, Cody Martin!
> >
> >You have a question regarding your advertisment
> > http://paintballclassifieds.com/detail.php?cat=25&de=28514
> >from wade :
> >
> >My name is Wade Smith, Am living in Texas. I will like to purchase your
> >(Paintball Gun) email me the present condition of it, i will like to know
> >the
> >bottom price before i make out my payment mode ,i will highly to know
> >reason of
> >selling the Gun and appreciate your urgent response. also make the total
> >price
> >of the shipping via FedEx to my office address below..
> >
> >Mr Wade Smith
> >2437 EAST RIVERSIDE DRIVE
> >AUSTIN, TX 78741
> >
> >Waiting for your immediate response.
> >Regards
> >Wade
> >
> >Paintball Classifieds
> >
> >Please visit us at http://www.paintballclassifieds.com
> >
> >
>
>__________________________________________________ _______________
>FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!
>http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/
>
>
>
>---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today!
>Download Messenger Now

__________________________________________________ _______________
Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=hotmail/es2&ST=1/go/onm00200362ave/direct/01/

AtvMxRider
04-21-2004, 04:28 PM
It's not a scam just cash the check:devil:

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 07:59 PM
ttt

nky400
04-22-2004, 09:31 AM
My name is Wade Smith, Am living in Texas.
So i will instruct my client here in US who owed me
>some money to make a cashier's cheque to you soon

sounds like he doesn't even know where he is. this should tell us something. plus his email address - wade_fanta@yahoo.co.uk - indicates that he is in england, but his mailing address is in texas. too much stuff isn't lining up correctly.

any thime the grammar and wording of the emails is that bad, it is usually a scam. if they really wanted to do business with you, the text of the email would be more professional.

be careful with this kind of stuff.

SCAM

04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
wh owould send a $6k check to some kid they dont even know over the internet...u know its a scam...dont even ask the question :rolleyes:

RMX500
04-22-2004, 11:35 AM
get interpol on his *****

wilkin250r
04-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
ok by the way this is a cashiers check

I think that's part of the scam. They get a cashiers check and change it. I first heard of the scam with money orders.

It still comes down to the same thing. If you deposit the check, but the check is not good, then they come after YOU for cashing a bum check. Meanwhile, you just gave the guy a bunch of your money.

hondafox440
04-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Just report the guy. The exact thing happened to one of my dad's employee's ex-wife (follow that? lol). She sold a paintball gun on Ebay for 1000$. The guy said he was in like Venezuela or whatever, and pitched them the "I'll send you 5000$ you send me 4000$ back" thing, and she, being a dumbass, believed it and sent the 4000$ and the gun out.

Cody_300ex
04-22-2004, 08:40 PM
iight thanks a ton guys I'm just going to send back.