PDA

View Full Version : Hiper beadlock bolt torque

thejeepdude
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Well, I just got my Hipers and got my new Klaws mounted on them. Man I can't wait to try em out! However, I have a question about the beadlock torque... I believe it's supposed to be 12-14lbft. However, there's no lock washer or other mechanism to keep the bolts from backing out. Is this not a problem? Do you have to tighten them periodically? Should I use some blue locktite or something?

beak7707
04-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I set mine at 10 ft-lbs and havent had any problems. I didnt use any locktite or anything, I havent had any problems with them backing off. I only set mine at 10 because I broke 2 bolts trying to set them at 12.

thejeepdude
04-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
I set mine at 10 ft-lbs and havent had any problems.

Sweet, that's all I needed to know I guess... there must be enough spring tension on them due to the plastic material and the squashed bead in there to hold them tight. We'll see how it goes!

Thanks.

Quad18star
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
I called Hiper Technology about this just the other day as I was putting my rims and tires together . They told me not to go over 10 ft/lbs and to not use any sort of locking compound on them . For safe measures , you might wanna maybe check them before and after a long ride or a hard ride . Common maintenance just like anything else .

XANDADA
04-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by beak7707
I only set mine at 10 because I broke 2 bolts trying to set them at 12.

:eek2:

I did mine to 10.5 ft. lbs and they are workin good too, glad I didn't go any tighter!