PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable keeps burning

cashius16
04-21-2004, 10:44 AM
i have a 2001 400ex and i have some mods including a full DMC Alein exhaust and i keep burning my clutch cables against myhead pipe.........anyone have any solutions....thanks

Pappy
04-21-2004, 10:48 AM
take a visit to a race car shop or anyplace that sells braided steel line. get a piece about 12 unches long and with a inside diameter large enough to fit your clutch cable. remove the cable from teh clutch and slide the braided line over it and down to where the head pipe is. works like a champ and costs less then $5

TM426
04-21-2004, 02:57 PM
There should be a little loop bracket that goes around the bolt for the front motor mount bolt and loops around the clutch cable to hold it out of the way. My cable was getting burned too, but I bent the piece to hold it farther back

cashius16
04-22-2004, 07:13 PM
i went to my local quadshop and he said i can get one made from motion pro....so im gonna do that but thanks for the advice......
if u want good deals on ur blaster or any quad or dirtbike visit www.vcaracing.com awesome people who will help u get any part...

pairanutz
04-23-2004, 01:18 PM
header wrap or starter wrap from local speed shops works great too-and you dont have to remve cabel just wrap it around install couple off zip ties and your done
its needs to be the heat resistant kind (looks like aluminum foil)the cloth kind absorbs water

Hotdog
04-23-2004, 01:49 PM
i took a long wire tie and tied it down to the motor mount and it hasnt melted yet.