PDA

View Full Version : ugly a arms

quadin52
04-21-2004, 08:55 AM
hi
i was lookin at these on ebay and was wonderin what you guys think , the only reason im looking at them is cuz i got to college and have no money and these are cheap!!!

Pappy
04-21-2004, 09:02 AM
im almost positive i saw a set of these , but they were sold under a different name a bit over a year ago. they were supposed to be powdercoated, they werent they were painted. they were also made of shcedule 80 pipe not chromoly.

if someone can comfirm or deny this id be mighty grateful. i know it was shedule 80 or 40 because when i stripped them it was still imprinted on the metal.

brandonpeake
04-21-2004, 09:05 AM
in most cases you get what u pay for and they are probaly cheap for a reason, i would check out burgard then u know what u are getting

zephead400ex
04-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I believe I have heard that these arms were once called American Star, but I could be wrong. I know I have not heard any good reviews on the Ugly arms. You get what you pay for. Check out Burgard arms with C&D, pretty cheap, great quality. I cannot wait until I recieve mine.

Pappy
04-21-2004, 10:30 AM
all i remember is the buyer saying he payed $500 for the set and they had a lifetime warranty. i cannot tell you how pissed he was when he found out they were not chromoly.

just do some research before ya spend any hard earned money.

hell they may work great for some folks

thomez
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't believe they are the same as American Star, they are also on Ebay.

Maybe they are the same as Action a-arms:confused:

You get what you pay for. Houser isn't much more than Burgard...

Pappy
04-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by thomez

Maybe they are the same as Action a-arms:confused:

i think that was there name. they disappeared then came out with the ugly name.

thomez
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I have heard that before as well.

Burgard, or my choice would be Houser. You get what you pay for. Save your money you will be happy in the long run.

ASR Tech
04-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Hello! To set it straight. Ugly A-Arms are the same as Action A-Arms. American Star has absolutely NOTHING to do with that company. There are a lot of fine A-Arm builders out there. Be sure to check their reputation, warranty and of course quality before you buy from any of them. American Stars warranty is LIFETIME STRUCTURAL and we stick to it. If you bend or break an ASR A-ARM for ANY reason, we replace it. Even when its your fault!

www.amstarmanufacturing.com

zephead400ex
04-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by ASR Tech
Hello! To set it straight. Ugly A-Arms are the same as Action A-Arms. American Star has absolutely NOTHING to do with that company. There are a lot of fine A-Arm builders out there. Be sure to check their reputation, warranty and of course quality before you buy from any of them. American Stars warranty is LIFETIME STRUCTURAL and we stick to it. If you bend or break an ASR A-ARM for ANY reason, we replace it. Even when its your fault!

www.amstarmanufacturing.com

Like I said, I was not sure but thanks for the clarification.:D

Quad18star
04-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Things to never spend your money on if they can be reffered to as Ugly .

1. A-Arms
2. Women
3. Cars
4. Clothing

Pappy
04-22-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Things to never spend your money on if they can be reffered to as Ugly .

1. A-Arms
2. Women
3. Cars
4. Clothing

i agree...id just move the women to the #1 spot;)

tore up
04-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Just say no to ugly women!!! (no matter how drunk you are):D

Quad18star
04-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Pappy ... women would be #1 on the list in most cases ... In this scenario , the a-arms came before the women ;)

Pappy
04-22-2004, 01:55 PM
i'd run rolled aluminum foil before i took out an ugly woman:macho :devil:

Knips178
04-22-2004, 02:05 PM
It's good to see ASR represented on this site finally.

I have a set of ASR Extreme long travel a-arms on mine and just love them. Alot of people on this site love to bash ASR and say they're junk, but have never ridden a machine with them on it.

I bought mine, because my engine builder recommended them after he replaced like two sets with no hasle from the service dept. He was ice racing and was t-boned by another quad and bent his left side a-arms just an inch, which he said was amazing because the crash should have done worse damage. Then he called ASR and told them exactly what happened, that he was racing and bent the a-arms, and they sent two new ones out that day with no questions asked.

I would buy ASR again without a second thought!