PDA

View Full Version : Front Shocks - 450r fit 400ex ????

timscherer
04-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Can anyone tell me if the front shocks from a 450R will fit a 400EX? If so, will they fit without making any alterations or fabrication?

Thanks,
Tim

brandonpeake
04-21-2004, 08:49 AM
you will get alot of different anwsers they can be ground at the top i believe and they will fit but they will not work properly
DO A Search in the steering and suspension and there is alot of threads on it
someone has even shown where to ground to make it fit but it will not perform properly but the guy who did it liked it so its your bike, so do the search and check it out

Varmit57
04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
They fit with a little work and can to be ajusted to work very good.

mntly_imptnt
04-22-2004, 07:31 AM
dude i am the guy that put the r shocks on my woods ex. they do need a little modding, but they work great. i speak from experience, unlike other people. it takes just a little modding on the top of the shock mount. the top eyelet is larger on the r. check out some of these pics from my album. i have a few different pics. you can see the difference in the shocks. but like i said they work G R E A T!!! http://briefcase.yahoo.com/mntly_imptnt

;)

timscherer
04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all the information and the pics, I am buying elkas for my 450R, and plan on relpacing the triple rate Works on my 400ex with the 450R shocks. The reason why I am wanting to replace the Works Shocks is because they are very soft and non-adjustable for MX racing. My wife will be riding the 400ex for MXing, so she will not need a stiff shock for her size (135lbs).

If you have any other usefull informaion let me know.

Thanks Again,
Tim

04-22-2004, 11:07 AM
im selling my 400ex soon with stock shocks back on & am planning on getting a 450r.....I have alot of money into my works shocks from santo derisi & want to put them on my 450r...will they work good? will they fit right?