PDA

View Full Version : making own nerfs.........

crazy1
04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I am wanting to make my own nerfs for a trx90.Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions??:confused:

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Git R Done!! :blah:

CowsBitePeople
04-21-2004, 05:35 PM
ive never heard of anyone makin their own, order nets and base it off the size of the nets so they fit, and make sure it still fits, post a pic when ur done!! GOOD LUCK!!

NaturalNoobie
04-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Git R Done!! :blah:

Blue collar comedy tour:)

Cody_300ex
04-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by NaturalNoobie
Blue collar comedy tour:)

yup! larry the cable guy!!

dirtmomma
04-22-2004, 09:32 AM
WEll as far as I know my nerfs on my 300 are homeade if that helps any!! They aren't that hard to make if ya have a bender :) good luck!!

monty
04-25-2004, 02:00 AM
Make sure you talk to the guy selling you the aluminum. You need it to bend without kinking or breaking. Some of the bends are almost impossible to do without the correct machine. And get a price on tig welding them. Don't be surprised if it costs more to make them then to buy them. If I were you I would find a used set and cut them down so they fit then have them welded back together. Good luck!

markk
04-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Some freinds of mine, made two pair for there Yfz450's , but they didnt have the netting in them, they just made them to be legal to run motorcross! I think it took them only about an hour or so per set, but they had a bender!!!

hondarider2006
04-26-2004, 11:33 AM
a friend of mine made some the re-bar on his 400. Crappy as hell....but they get the job done:huh

QuadJunkies
04-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by crazy1
I am wanting to make my own nerfs for a trx90.Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions??:confused: good luck!!!!! were having a set custom made also for our Kasea 90 along with a few other custom parts..Let me know how they turned out!!

cbr600ex
04-05-2006, 06:38 PM
If you go with stainless and can tig weld. You can do like I am and buy pre bent elbow that are already made with 45 or 90 degree. Then all you do is weld the elbows to your other piping. Not to difficult if you can tig weld stainless.

theTman
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by markk
Some freinds of mine, made two pair for there Yfz450's , but they didnt have the netting in them, they just made them to be legal to run motorcross! I think it took them only about an hour or so per set, but they had a bender!!!

that defeats the purpose of a nerf bar

DJJ450r
04-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by theTman
that defeats the purpose of a nerf bar

For motocross maybe but for xc you dont really need nets, There just there so your back tires dont hit trees. And for motocross it will help keep peoples tire from going in by your foot. A local guy makes his own and about half the XC racers around me have them, and there only like $80:macho

cbr600ex
04-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry forgot to say that you can also weld eye loops and make or buy nets for it if wanted. I have some tie down straps that I like the colour of so I am going to make my nets out of them.

whiterain
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
when i first bought my 88 warrior a months ago, it came with nerfs of some brand (i still cant figure out what they are) but they had no nets on them, i got creative and cut up a pack of blue tow straps folded the edges over heated up a hot metal punch drove it through the folds and put one of those bolts with the rounded head, with a washer and a bolt on the bottom, they look great. but took a few hours. you cant really tell the nets are homemade either

cbr600ex
04-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Good idea. There are plenty of ways to make things. Just have to be creative and patient enough to make them. That's what I was thinkg of doing but instead of a bolt I was going to buy these rivit type things for material. But that way you could take the nets of easier if you had to then mine.

jwick07
04-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
For motocross maybe but for xc you dont really need nets, There just there so your back tires dont hit trees. And for motocross it will help keep peoples tire from going in by your foot. A local guy makes his own and about half the XC racers around me have them, and there only like $80:macho

looks like the pefect way to snap your leg in half

bad idea

DJJ450r
04-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Get good footpegs and wear boots;) Yes I have broken my leg twice and both times I WASN'T wearing my boots so its my fault. And the second time my leg went through the nets:ermm:

04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cbr600ex
If you go with stainless and can tig weld.

i dont think you would be tig welding. with tig welding you use a filler rod and you fill the gap between two objects, it is for light duty applications, it is not ideal for a part that needs structural integrity. you would proably use a MIG welder instead, and any goonie with a millermatic could probly weld together some nerf's, welding isnt really as hard as most people percieve it to be.

Iliketogofast
04-08-2006, 08:12 AM
It isn't hard to do it, but it is hard to do it right.