PDA

View Full Version : clutch is too tight

400EXracer74
04-20-2004, 05:41 PM
is there anyway to easily or cheaply make the clutch lever easier to pull?

Sportrax10
04-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Your cable may have gotten frayed. Take it out and see if it works good. While its out, lube it. Or just get a new one...

James Parent
04-20-2004, 07:54 PM
My cable is fine i checked it, but my clutch still seems kinda hard to pull in.. could it be anything else?

02Yellow400
04-20-2004, 08:10 PM
weak mussles? J/K...If you cant get it to go any softer just use that for and excuse to get a magura

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by James Parent
My cable is fine i checked it, but my clutch still seems kinda hard to pull in.. could it be anything else?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/editpost.php?s=&action=editpost&postid=1055456

^^^Mine was too then I replaced everything .....now its GREAT!!!

James Parent
04-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Hey quad, i tried to go there but it said this

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

can you e-mail me what you changed if possible?

littleope15@comcast.net

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Hey quad, i tried to go there but it said this

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

can you e-mail me what you changed if possible?

littleope15@comcast.net

try this...... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103372

Sorry, I was doing some Type O corrections and posted the thread while still in edit....:o

James Parent
04-21-2004, 04:45 PM
yea, my cable slides really easy though.. but still hard to pull

smith_400ex_213
04-23-2004, 08:07 AM
get a MSR Rapter Shory Clutch Lever...325% less effort to pull..ibought mine for about $35..

James Parent
04-23-2004, 08:22 AM
but doesn't that mean you have to pull it farther?

less effort = more distance

less pull = harder to pull in

?

I think its something internal too, cause the cable was fine, it just seems really hard to pull in

QuadJunkies
04-23-2004, 10:43 AM
but doesn't that mean you have to pull it farther?

less effort = more distance

less pull = harder to pull in

?

I think its something internal too, cause the cable was fine, it just seems really hard to pull in

I got a new CR clutch and perch and mine doesnt have to be pulled in any further....:huh I have seen on a few where you do, but I would assume the EASE makes it much more desirable than being stiff........

markk
04-26-2004, 12:45 AM
(personal opnion) I think that msr suck!!! It would be worth your time, and money to buy a good perch and lever!!!