PDA

View Full Version : The time has come

wantinga400ex
04-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Its finally time for me to get rid of my blaster and move on to something better. I have always wanted a 400ex and i think thats the route i will go. I am heading down to my dealer in about a month to trade my blaster in on a new or used 400ex (depending on how much they offer me for the blaster)

Just wondering, how much faster/more powerful is the ex? I know suspension is alot better than the blaster...

AtvMxRider
04-20-2004, 04:49 PM
There is no comparison. It's like going from a vw bug to a cadilac.

wantinga400ex
04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
What would you consider a good price for a used ex? I am wanting to start on something stock and not modded. My dealer has on 02' for 3000 and an 03' for 4200.

skemp
04-21-2004, 08:29 PM
I work at a dealership, so I might be able to give you a little advice. I wouldn't buy anything used from a dealership simply because of the price. They are still good machines, but the money it takes to restore a used trade-in machine to saleable condition gets added onto the price tag. When buying used, you have many options and prices to look at, and you will never be locked into anything or be pressured. You will also be dealing with much lower prices. The only drawback is that you can't always be 100% sure of what you are getting. I know that when I get a trade-in to prepare for sales, I check it over entirely, and look for any of the common problems. Anything that needs to be fixed is. You don't get that buying from a private seller.
One other thing; a dealer won't give you anything on a trade-in, at least in comparison to what you may see on the private market as far as resale values go. $4200 is steep on that '03. The price on the '02 isn't bad.

wantinga400ex
04-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Well, depending on what the used ones look like, i'm probably going to get a brand new one. I think my dealer ship charges 5200 for brand new ones.

Anyone have a rough estimate on how much they will give me on my 2000 blaster? Brand new top end, plastic and everything else is perfect

redroost85
04-23-2004, 11:58 AM
For what it's worth, if I were you I would try to sell the Blaster outright and get an already modified 400. It would be around the same price as one from the dealer, but it already comes pimped out.

That is what I should have done...but it was a couple of years ago that I got my 400. Now the market is flooded with built 400's for a good price. JMO though.:)

hondafreestyler
04-23-2004, 12:52 PM
maybe 1000 for ur blaster

wantinga400ex
04-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Well, i was looking for something along the lines of stock. No motor work or anything like that because when the time comes, i want to be able to decide myself what mods to get and such.

I cant wait to get rid of the POS blaster though, i hope i will like an ex because thats about the only thing i can afford right now. I wanted to buy a 400ex from the start, but for some reason didnt

I havent rode a 4 stroke sport quad, so how will the power and throttle response be compard to a stock blaster?

Thanks for all the help guys :D

Xowner
04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
52 for a brand new one wow their 46 or 42 around here:confused:

outofsight
04-23-2004, 07:50 PM
the throttle response is instint. The power of the ex isnt even comparebly to the blaster.Its got so much more power. I moved up from a warrior to a 400ex and have never had any regrets. youll love the 400ex.

wantinga400ex
04-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Yeah, i really think i'll enjoy it alot more than my blaster...i know it will have alot betters suspension for sure.

Just wondering, is it hard to adjust valves? I have rebuilt my blaster, and know just about everything about it, but i'm new to 4 strokes...:eek2:

outofsight
04-23-2004, 09:25 PM
i believe C&D has a thing that shows u how to adjust the valves on the their site. The thing is you relly dont have much maintence on a 4 stroke unlike a 2 stroke.