PDA

View Full Version : Bent steering stem + chassis....please help

Ryan-WB440ex
03-15-2002, 06:15 PM
ok guys i have a 2001 440ex.. i went to climb a hill today and it had a unforseen lip halfway up which lauched my bike up the hill and causing me to lose traction and enuff speed to get all the way up. it rolled back down 5 feet then did 2 full flips and the last half flip was 10 feet straight down crushing my bars and stem on impact. which stem is better: lonestar or roll designs? also there are 2 small cracks on the weld of the bracket that holds the stem to the chassis at the top near the handle bars. this bracket also appears to be slightly bent. what do you recommend for fixing this bracket? it is still rideable as i had spare bars and all my tools on hand to quick fix it and ride the day out. also i put my bent bars on the hill poured gas on them and set em on fire as a proper burial =) also it will give other riders something to think about before they attempt to climb this hill which has yet to be conquered! any and all help will be greatly appreciated.:blah

Dave400ex
03-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Roll Design and Walsh are the Best Chassis Products you can Buy. Roll is a lot Better then Lonestar. Go with Roll Design or Walsh. If your Frame is messed up to Bad I would just Buy a New Stock Frame/SubFrame and have it Gusseted. I`m not sure How Much a Stock Frame Costs. That`s what I will do if anything happens to my Frame.