PDA

View Full Version : Lousiana / Mississippi..benifit Ride?

"BLAHH"300!!
03-15-2002, 05:57 PM
hey i was out last night and got on the subject of quads with a guy at the bar...he said there was some sort of benifit ride in or around monroe louisiana. any of you heard about it...gimme some details....far as i know...it's about 20 or 30 miles of trails with everything from mud, steep hills, grass land, creeks & some sand.
said there will be everything from 4wd to aport bikes to little 90's and 3wheelers..said the past 2 years there were around or over 2000 bikes there to ride.......there is a fee and you have to sign up...i'm searchin' the web now for more details about it, but if you know anything tell me.....if you have one of those papers your supposed to sign type it on here so i can get a copy....said if i wait untill that day to sign up.i'll be in line all day....

i'm supposed to go back to the bar tonite and meet him, but i don't think i'm ganna make it. last night was ruff....later guys'

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-15-2002, 07:05 PM
did u find n e thing out about it. i am interested(sp) too!!! i live close to monroe. so if u find a website or meet up with that gut again to night pleaz let me know!!!

thanx
chris

"BLAHH"300!!
03-15-2002, 07:37 PM
....i'm not goin' back over to the bar tonite....and i was drunk and forgot the guys last name, he said there were only 2 in the phone book and to call him sometime but that was at about 8:00 and the drinks were flowin' pretty fast, i didn't leave there till about 2:00 and went to a party afterwards..got home at 8:00 this mornin'..i was on a mission....thats why i'm askin' if any of you know anything about it....you look into it, and i'll try and figure it all out...post here if you hear anything...same for me...i'll prolly run into him again sooner or later....they ride out at delta national forrest on sunday's...he said it was too muddy for my 2wd but i might take a tow rope and go swimmi' one sunday anyway just to check it out......i'm about to do a search on la' atv rides' right now and see if i come up with anything....

any good ridin' around where you are....you ever go over to that mx track in west monroe.....i cheked it out...looks pretty kool...havn't ridin' it though...

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-15-2002, 10:12 PM
ok good deal if find n e thing i'll let u know!

i live in LakeCharles so i'm not actually close to monroe but i live in the same state so i consider myself close. na i haven't checked that mx park out but there is a place up by alexandria called LA Dunes that is pretty cool. i've heard about this park before from one of my friends maybe i'll see them tonite and get some info from him. i live pretty close to texas so i mostly ride houston,beaumont area. but i am gonna try to make it up there to monroe later this year to ride them trails.

chris

"BLAHH"300!!
03-15-2002, 10:22 PM

"BLAHH"300!!
03-18-2002, 12:43 AM
i was riding along and came to the end of one of my trails.(edge of a road) and the guy passed me....stopped got his name and number ganna get the application (sign up form) fom him one day this week...i'll type it out and send you a copy. you can type it out on something like word perfect and pass it ot also..i did a serch just a minute ago and this is what i gather so far..it's the {i wish i could foundation} or something like that..(sounds mean but) i just wanna ride...check this address for details...
http://www.off-road.com/atv/w2ride/w2ride3.htm#la
MERANGO SWAMP <-oh joy 19 miles of trial, organized ride in july, best time to go is spring through fall, closed during hunting season, location is (monroe) hebert louisiana, an artical in dec. issue of dirtwheels mag. about the ride....directions are....

out of monroe la. go south on hwy 165s, 18 miles to riverton, left on riverton hwy,take right on hebert hwy
more info contact la.wildlife and fisheries 1{318}362-4246
e-mail this guy randy gosdin--> rgosdin@iamerica.net <--
he's the one who submited it onto the net...

.i already e-maild him just a minute ago asking all kinda of question bout it..fee' sound check' riding conditions, types of terrain, a rounded number of quads' camping facilities' you can do the same and get your own understanding of it...check it out...that link way up there has ride locations all over every state about 4 in mississippi and 3 in louisiana.la dunes are there 300 acres of dig sand dunes...and 90 miles of trails...there's afee there though $15.00 a day and $10.00 each additional day...camping avalible.....
later man.....:blah guess i know what i'll be doing this summer

"BLAHH"300!!
03-18-2002, 12:48 AM
.....the MAIL-DEMON ate the e-mail i sent that guy up there..
so we'll just have to wing it....i might try the wildlife and fisheries sometime or other....might do a search on the {i wish i could foundation}.....

later man...