PDA

View Full Version : Pappy do you have a picture of the rear shock setup you have now??

kazpr
04-20-2004, 12:58 PM
I know others have to be curious with all the posts lately about rear end bucking. Thanks alot

Pappy
04-20-2004, 01:03 PM
i run the elka and the elka linkage. i think they have full pics on thier website. i love this combo!!

the only thing ive found out wrong with it is that the bushings supplied by elka need to be replaced with teh stock bearings from the stock linkage. other then that it works.

i had rode a XC course a few weeks back with teh stock rear and one whooped out hill was killin me. it would just throw the back end all over the place. well i raced that course sunday and i could hit the first "bump" on the hill and double the next one then just hammer it. the rear end tracked perfectly.

kazpr
04-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Just got off of the phone with Nate Walsh about the savior linkage for the rear setup. Said about 2 weeks will be done.
I am not really sure how much racing I will be doing but I LOVE to air it out on large jumps. Think it will help me alot? Thanks

Pappy
04-20-2004, 01:19 PM
i couldnt tell ya:p i dont jump any bigger then i have too.

but, like anything new, start small and get a feel for how it will handle. gabe actually knows or has a strong opinion on what the issue is with the honda rear shock angle. maybe send him a pm and inform him about the linkage you are refering too and he could shed some technical light on what to expect.

thomez
04-20-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm no tech wizard but I do know one thing - Walsh generally knows his chit! I think you can expect it to be near the top for fixes for that problem just based on the fact that they know what they are doing as often as anyone does.