PDA

View Full Version : clutch..... i think

NoWingNoPrayer
04-19-2004, 07:22 PM
alright heres the problem

i know i need a clutcj cable for one but when shifting at a stop or low rpms i almost have to step on the shifter and its almost impossible to get into nuetral while running...oh yeah its the 400ex

04-19-2004, 07:26 PM
ya thats the clutch...call up a honda dealer and order urself some more clutch stuff...or order spark's 8 plate clutch setup and a hinson basket...or someone elses clutch setup...but ya that is most likely your problem

04-19-2004, 07:33 PM
go to www.rockymountainatv.com & get the TUSK clutch kit with springs, metals & fibvers...the kit is extrmely cheap & high quality...ne need paying $100+ for something when you can pay $40 & it be just as good ;)

NoWingNoPrayer
04-19-2004, 07:40 PM
basket should be good though right?

04-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by NoWingNoPrayer
basket should be good though right? it should but no way to know forsure untill you take apart & see....im going to say its fine b/c only under out of the ordinary should it be messed up

NoWingNoPrayer
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
alright thank you i guess ill start ripping it apart this weekend.

Aallron
04-19-2004, 08:07 PM
What you are going to find is that the fingers on the outer basket have grooves wore in from where the driving tabs on the fibre plates touch them. If you have an ALUMINUM file, you can draw file these things out and get some more mileage out of the hardware. If the grooves are too excessive, either on the outer hub OR inner hub replace as necessary... and please soak the fiber plates in oil BEFORE you install them.

04-19-2004, 09:35 PM
i always just got some oil on my fingers & rubbed it on the fibers....seemed to work well enough