PDA

View Full Version : New Works Shocks. One Question

Quadfather
03-15-2002, 03:10 PM
I got my new Works Triple Rates today. Very easy to put on. But one question. They each have like 3 washers on them that seem to slide freely on the shock. Will these seat themselves somewhere after being compressed, or will they keep sliding and jingling all day, grating on my already fragile nerves?

All info appreciated.

03-15-2002, 04:05 PM
They just keep jingling. Sorry.

440EXR
03-15-2002, 07:28 PM
I had the same complaint and one guy had a good answer buy a louder exhaust:p

oh I read in Dirt Wheels that elka had the same problem and they were going to line the spacers or coat them with somthing

DiceMan400
03-16-2002, 09:30 PM
Should have got Ohlins...... My old Works did the same thing...... I know exactly what you are talking about when it come to your nerves....... And the louder exaust thing is the best advice I think you will get.... LOL......:blah

Quadfather
03-17-2002, 07:02 PM
I finally got to give them a good workout today. I also had on new Razrs, all the way around. It's like having a different quad. The cornering was amazing. I didn't hear a jingle or a jangle all day. I am extremely happy with this setup.

About getting a louder muffler. That's funny, 'cause I just took off my Curtis Sparks because it was too loud, and replaced it with a Yoshi slip on. Bike seems to be perfectly dialed in. I am happy.

The Curtis Sparks X4 is for sale. Complete system, like new.

Nausty
03-17-2002, 07:06 PM
How much?

Quadfather
03-17-2002, 07:08 PM
$300, and I'll split the shipping. There are pics at my site below.

Pepto_Bismol
03-18-2002, 01:20 PM
The Elka's have that "old bed-spring" sound too. The washers are actaully spacers to help transition the compression of the different spring rates in the triple rate setup. Elka is now replacing that older setup with new high strength plastic spacers. Anyone who owns Elkas with metal spacers can have the new ones shipped to them for free. I just used teflon spray, and Elka shock covers, and the noise is gone.
Pepto:cool: