PDA

View Full Version : Racing Headaches

sylvan56473
04-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone else experiences really bad headaches after racing. Everytime I practice hard or race I get a REALLY BAD headache about 2-3 hours afterwards. They also last for 1-2 hours and asprin or tylenol won't take them away. Anyone else?

Pappy
04-19-2004, 05:51 PM
i dont, but id suggest taking this up with a physician. constricted blood vessles affect athletes and can lead to stroke or anurisms:(

sylvan56473
04-19-2004, 06:01 PM
Thanks Pappy. I took a pretty good digger 2 years ago and was knocked out for about 30 seconds. These have been happening since then (I think, my memory is failing too:) ). I talked with the doctor the night it happened and he said everything looked fine.

Ryan
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I get headaches after lifting heavy items for a long time. Its not to serious considering I have to be doing atlease a day of lifting with no breaks.

Im not sure what really causes it.

schmitthead
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
maybe dehydration, you would be amazed at how many diffrent ailments come from it. keep real hydrated
oh and another tip:: wacking it makes you have hairy knuckles

Pappy
04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by schmitthead
maybe dehydration, you would be amazed at how many diffrent ailments come from it. keep real hydrated
oh and another tip:: wacking it makes you have hairy knuckles

so thats why rico looks like a gorilla from the wrist down:eek:

he is correct tho...proper hydration is prolly the biggest factor thats most overlooked

sylvan56473
04-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, except for the hairy knuckles :)

I usually drink about a gallon of water/gatorade on race day so I wouldn't think that it's dehydration.

Mity Mo
04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Alot of times it is caused by holding your breath. Breathe normal when racing or doing anything streniuos. You more than likely suffer from a little arm pump as well if you are holding your breath. In through the nose and out with your mouth. Works the best for most of the guys I trained. Mo;)

Bean
04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
im betting dehydration, feels like a massive hangover when you die of thirst, headaches feel like hangovers too...

QuadJunkies
04-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
I get headaches after lifting heavy items for a long time. Its not to serious considering I have to be doing atlease a day of lifting with no breaks.

Im not sure what really causes it. might be a pinched nerve. I have alot of problems with those in my back and neck,they can casue circulation problems and Migraines also.....

batgeek
04-20-2004, 01:15 AM
ya try a bigger helmet?

sometimes the solution is the easy one that is overlooked :D

i used to get the same problem playing football, i kept my Bike inflatable bladder a little over-pumped. let some air out of it and headaches went away...well except for when i hit someone wrong *DONG* riiiiiiiiiiing!

y2k400ex
04-20-2004, 07:09 AM
a freind of mine races with ear plugs in... I havent tryed it yet but he says he always gets headaches and the ear plugs help and also it keeps your more focused

sylvan56473
04-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Alot of good suggestions. I know about the breathing technique I have been using that for almost 10 years now. It works wonders!

The bigger helmet is something I am considering. My helmet fits nice and snug and doesn't feel like it is too cramped. I do wear glasses when I ride and they do press against my face pretty good. Maybe a new pair of OTG googles and a slighlty bigger helmet?

PHIL_B54
04-20-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
i used to get the same problem playing football, i kept my Bike inflatable bladder a little over-pumped. let some air out of it and headaches went away...well except for when i hit someone wrong *DONG* riiiiiiiiiiing!

yep me too

JTRtrx250r
04-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

he is correct tho...proper hydration is prolly the biggest factor thats most overlooked yup, and holding your breath, you dont get enough oxygen , drums are the same way, ppl hold their breath and it really affects 1's endurance and also affects concentration, maybe try taking asprin, but I'd say it all the above that takes its toll

Also helps not to be hungover:D

QuadJunkies
04-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
Also helps not to be hungover:D

LOL.......no doubt!!!:p

xr50layke
04-21-2004, 06:26 AM
drink tons of water