PDA

View Full Version : looking for empathy

trout
04-19-2004, 01:56 PM
was single, had a jeep, a passat, and a cannondale Quad, got married sold the quad, sold the jeep, bought a house, JUST spent 5K on a dinning room set for the wife, and I got 6K left over and want a 450R in the worst way. Now she wants living room furniture, drapes, and some other chit, should take all of my last 6K cash!

She is killin me!!!!

All I want is a 450R, at this rate ill be 30 before I get it, turn 30 in June. whats a guy to do??

trout:grr:

YLW400
04-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Lay down some ground rules ;)

quadrcr161
whats a guy to do??

kick her *** out :D

WOracing
:eek: if i had a choice to sell that stuff to make my girl happy i would be more than happy to sell that stuff....dont worry cuz u know what they say "good things come to those who wait"

YLW400
04-19-2004, 02:03 PM
there has to be a happy medium in there somewhere dude............. I can tell you what, there would be alot more crap going out of my house before my quad would......

trout
04-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks for listening,
its just hard to give up all your toys so she can have a house and nice things and get ready to make babies( help!). But all I want is a new 450R!! But your right good things come to those who wait, but that means I got to wait three to four more months to get the cash to buy a new one, then she will probably want something else.

oh well, im done ranting and raving.
have fun riding.

Trout

thomez
04-19-2004, 02:14 PM
hey trout,

1st mistake - getting married! j/k

Biggest mistake, selling your Cannon :D

Now here is the good news - by waiting a few months you will probably be able to find a nicely modded barely broke in 450R for the same price or less than a new one! Good things come to those who wait! With that in mind tell her to wait on some furniture and chillens til you get a toy to relieve the stress they will cause!

WOracing
04-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by thomez
hey trout,

1st mistake - getting married! j/k

Biggest mistake, selling your Cannon :D

Now here is the good news - by waiting a few months you will probably be able to find a nicely modded barely broke in 450R for the same price or less than a new one! Good things come to those who wait! With that in mind tell her to wait on some furniture and chillens til you get a toy to relieve the stress they will cause!

LMAO:D good idea dude....

WOracing
04-19-2004, 03:37 PM
BTW how do you guys like the cannondales?

thomez
04-19-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm happy with mine :D

trout
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
I will tell ya what,
that bike seriously hauled. Mine was bone stock, serial number 24. It was basically an FX400 with new plastic. I never did anything to it at all but change the oil and oil the air filter. That bike stock was very fast, and the EFI made the power delivery sooooo smooth, nothing available now even compares to the power delivery. this is a true story, I have a buddy who was a sponsored MX dirbike rider in Canada, he moved here and was jsut amazing on bikes and quads. A great rider. he loved my cannondale and always raced people with it, he was little and very strong and was jsut a great rider. my other buddy has a 25,000$ 250R, modded up to the tilt, everything was dont to it, engine built by loren duincan and everything. My cannondale wpould beat that 250R in a drag all day long.

But..........

its gone, and I have nothing, but a big empty house:eek2: :devil: :eek2:

WOracing
04-19-2004, 04:16 PM
sry to hear that too:( but just wait and see what happens...im sure everything will come together:)

Varmit57
04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by trout
All I want is a 450R, at this rate ill be 30 before I get it, turn 30 in June. whats a guy to do??

I'll put in my two cents worth as a old guy :D that has been (happily) married for 12+years.

A marriges is a partnership. Talk to her about how you feel and what you want. If she doesn't like the idea of you having some nice things also then I feel for you.

My wife knows that If I have a few toys around me that I'm a lot more fun to live with.:)

Good Luck

avaloncon2
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
I beat my wife every tuesday, it dont really help that much, but I do have a 450R

thomez
04-19-2004, 04:56 PM
:huh

4fiddyR
04-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Alright Trout, Since nobody else commented on this I will. I thought it was funny and I hope you think so too. Read your second post in this thread.
Thanks for listening,
its just hard to give up all your toys so she can have a house and nice things and get ready to make babies( help!).

What kinda help ya lookin for? is she cute?
:blah:

Just kiddin dude I feel for ya!

Like others said, just be honest and tell her that marriage is a two way street.

avaloncon2
04-19-2004, 04:58 PM
I hope you realize I was joking(about the wife) lol.

AtvMxRider
04-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by YLW400
I can tell you what, there would be alot more crap going out of my house before my quad would......

Like your clothes, your tv, your ***...........:p :D

jarsong
04-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by trout
was single, had a jeep, a passat, and a cannondale Quad, got married sold the quad, sold the jeep, bought a house, JUST spent 5K on a dinning room set for the wife, and I got 6K left over and want a 450R in the worst way. Now she wants living room furniture, drapes, and some other chit, should take all of my last 6K cash!

She is killin me!!!!

FWIW, take from an old happily married guy, 13 years... Ok I'm not that old but got an early start... Seem rough now, but what you'll make on the house in 5 years you'd be able to line your garage floor with 450R's. Trust me on this. Not only have I done it but have a 35K truck to pull them around with, all paid for coutesy of being a home owner. I five/six or so years your kid will be ready to tear it up with you. Think beyond today.
jarsong

Varmit57
04-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jarsong
FWIW, take from an old happily married guy, 13 years... Ok I'm not that old but got an early start... Seem rough now, but what you'll make on the house in 5 years you'd be able to line your garage floor with 450R's. Trust me on this. Not only have I done it but have a 35K truck to pull them around with, all paid for coutesy of being a home owner. I five/six or so years your kid will be ready to tear it up with you. Think beyond today.
jarsong I agree that money spent on the house is a very wise move, but if she spends 5K on drapes and furniture that add squat to the value of the house. :)

jarsong
04-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Varmit57
I agree that money spent on the house is a very wise move, but if she spends 5K on drapes and furniture that add squat to the value of the house. :)

WHat's he going to do hang the 450R fron the windows to keep the peeping toms out? Use the 450R for a couch? :confused: Wait? THere's an idea. Wait, let me go take some measurments, I think I can get the sucker in there... :D
jarsong

Pappy
04-19-2004, 07:57 PM
if my ol' lady spent $5K on furniture id boot her sorry *** to the curb.

trout
04-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Thanks for all the replys. It will all work out, just got to get the suckerfurnished then I can roost!

;)

joe1l
04-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Funny thing, is the 450R i have was a pre-engagement present from my girl! She gets a ring (costs way more than the 450r, but oh well) and i get a new quad. I told her along time ago that my quads keep me alive, without them I'll have major heart failure due to large amounts of stress! Give your wife an alternative, a new 450R or a new 22 year girlfriend!!! Make sure she knows that you can replace her faster than the living room set, so that you better stay perocuppied so it doesn't happen!!

YLW400
04-20-2004, 08:28 AM
LMAO Jerry

jarsong
04-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by joe1l
450R i have was a pre-engagement present from my girl!

Now she's a keeper! Like mine that rides her Z400. Treat her right, they are rare....
jarsong

SSRedRider
04-20-2004, 10:08 AM
I think that you should get the 450r now. With the expense of having babies you won't have the money later. Think about it what are you going to do when the kids get here and you have been with them all day, the wife gets home and its your turn to get a break? Are you going to just go out in the back yard and drink beer and be sad about not riding a quad, or do you want to ride the 450r when its your turn to take a break? Your call.

Wingnut
04-20-2004, 10:36 AM
If she can furnish the dining room, why can't you furnish the garage?:confused:

Roostin250R
04-20-2004, 11:50 AM
as someone who has been married for 22 years, I agree with Varmit, talk to her about how you feel, if your young there is no reason to rush into having kids. Take the time to enjoy your time (pre-kids). My quads are huge stress relievers for me and my wife understands that and is very cool about it. Now GO GET THAT QUAD!:p

BigThumper33
04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Good things come to those who wait is a good statement to live by.

But also, you need to consider that you are almost 30, and are approaching the idea of having children. You could very well be 40 before the blink of an eye once the kids come and all the time devoted to that.

All I'm saying is, I would rather have my thrills and spills while I'm young, instead of waiting till I'm too old and have to many responsiblities to be able to do the things I'd wish I had done...

She just got 5k worth of crap and wants another 5 grand worth of furniture, and you haven't even gotten anything?

Sounds to me like you two need to sit down and look at who is getting what out of the relationship. Women....always getting their way :mad:

Ryan
04-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Bring your wife and let her ride the 450r...... That might change her mind :D .......

I would tell her this it is both of yours quad (Lie).