PDA

View Full Version : H E L P

BiggerRed 400ex
04-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok, I'm living in northern Arizona. Here it is legal to ride your quad on the street, as long as you get it registered. So i take it to the DMV and they start their inspection and then tell me they cant find a FEDERAL STICKER!?!? (kinda like the one on the door of your vehicle) I have never seen anything on my 02' 400EX that is like that. Found the VIN and ENG. # Does anyone know anything about this??
Thanks
Ryan

44oEX
04-19-2004, 12:02 PM
woudln't it be the sticker on the front of the frame by your bumper? with all the info on it.

You are one lucky SOB if it's legal to drive on the road.
I mean I drive on the road to but it's not exacly legal:devil:

BiggerRed 400ex
04-19-2004, 12:04 PM
They said that that sticker wasn't it! I couldn't believe that they would need that stupid sticker if they have the VIN and ENG. #................yup... all i needed to do was put on a brake light and mirror.......

cals400ex
04-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BiggerRed 400ex
They said that that sticker wasn't it! I couldn't believe that they would need that stupid sticker if they have the VIN and ENG. #................yup... all i needed to do was put on a brake light and mirror.......

what about blinkers?

i don't think there is much more info about the bike besides those stickers.

BiggerRed 400ex
04-19-2004, 12:18 PM
nope.... use hand signals...........and to get it past inspection all i need for a horn is a "sports air horn" that i can put in my pocket
but they are stuck on that retarded fed. sticker

BiggerRed 400ex
04-19-2004, 02:49 PM
i've seen other guys riding around 4x4 quads.... do those have fed. stickers that a sport quad wouldn't?

ReconRider25
04-19-2004, 02:54 PM
isnt there two stickers on the front framerails and then the one up ontop of the subframe that gives the color, etc. thats all i know of.

cals400ex
04-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
isnt there two stickers on the front framerails and then the one up ontop of the subframe that gives the color, etc. thats all i know of.

yeah, i know there is a white one somewhere. i was thinking somwhere under the seat but i really don't remember off the top of my head.