PDA

View Full Version : Sport Class Thread

countypark
04-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Let's start the SPORT Class thread again.

Jeremy Benson is on a role. He is on a top level race quad and man can he ride it.

Good job Bradley, keep it up.

Maybe at the next race I can finish. I had a contact lens blow out of my right eye after the first big uphill so I pulled over to try to fix it but couldn't so I limped out.

I guess I was lucky that it happened cuz at about 10 miles my right front ball joint came apart(need better lock-tite) .

I plan on coming back strong at Sparta.

How many other EXriders were there?

bradley300
04-19-2004, 10:58 PM
thanks for the congrats, but with a little dialing in, and a straight axle, i think i can do better. i was very pleased with my start and VERY pleased with the way my gthunder 350 big bore ran, just from what people said about the start, sounds like ive got the fastest quad in our class, with the possible exception being dave's since he wasnt there, i geuss we will find out in sparta!:macho

i noticed alot of exriders stickers on our line, so you guys need to speak up!

countypark
04-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Did anyone notice how small his rear sprocket was.

Mickey Dunlap,

Why is he using such a small sprocket?

ex kid
04-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by countypark

Mickey Dunlap,

skid plate clearence?

bradley300
04-20-2004, 08:20 AM
i have never noticed, did you happen to see what size his front sprocket is?

big bad beny
04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
whats up i ran sport class to got 7th on a stock 300EX did ok i guss killed it on the start and got stock behide a slow Rider but o well what place did everry one get. see everry one sparta maybe

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

bradley300
04-20-2004, 09:17 PM
cool man, come say hi to u on the line, i'm number 812 and countypark is 347

Dunlap
04-20-2004, 09:50 PM

Mickey Dunlap,

Lots of torque needs lots of gearing:D 13-33

countypark
04-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Mickey,

I am assuming he is running a not too high compression 350?

Did you change the tranny at all?

Dunlap
04-21-2004, 05:46 AM
Mickey,

I am assuming he is running a not too high compression 350?

Did you change the tranny at all?

12:1 245cc, 3rd gear mod.

big bad beny
04-21-2004, 06:58 AM
whats up
ya Brad i will stop bye and say hi and talk but ha hop to see you at sparta i am going to try to make there. Dose eny one have eny pics of the race.

cdalejef
04-21-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by big bad beny
whats up
ya Brad i will stop bye and say hi and talk but ha hop to see you at sparta i am going to try to make there. Dose eny one have eny pics of the race.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard Check the race coverage area, lots of pics there!

big bad beny
04-21-2004, 09:20 AM
hay thanks Jeff good race last weekend i well half to stop bye and say hi at sparta if i can get a ride.Did eny one here were they were going to have us push are quads a cross the road. verry weaed glade they did not do that.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride hard

cdalejef
04-21-2004, 09:25 AM
They did that a few years ago, but several people ran over their own legs. :rolleyes:

bradley300
04-21-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
12:1 245cc, 3rd gear mod.

can you elaborate on the 3rd gear mod, ive never heard of it, is 3rd gear a weakspot in the 300ex's tranny?

Dunlap
04-21-2004, 09:43 AM
250x and 300ex's have problems when you get alot of power out of them, you shouldn't have any problems:)

bradley300
04-21-2004, 09:46 AM
geuss i better get back to gthunder to do the 3rd gear mod, mines got plenty of power;)

chad cavagnaro
04-21-2004, 11:53 AM
this was my first race ever. i was going to enter the first yrs racers and decided to go with 4 strk c-33 and up in the morn. i was 3rd off the line until we got in the woods. with the lack of experience in the woods, i lost a few spots, then fatigued out in the 4th lap. i was 20th in my class out of 45...im pleased for my 1st race. i have some cool video footage but dont know how to
upload it it is about 58 megabytes? it was a wonderful place to
camp and would like to return there and fish in the creek.:cool:

cdalejef
04-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Thats great Chad! Most people don't even finish their first race but you even stayed on the lead lap! :eek2: CONGRATS!!! :macho

chad cavagnaro
04-21-2004, 12:35 PM
thanks jeff!!
early on friday i tried to come over by the pro pit and meet you,
tracy said you wouldn't be there till later. then i got real busy trying to prepare my quad...get front end tow set right and that was pretty involved, along with installing tether switch was real fun! got it set up by friday eve and just went to sleep. dont know if i'll get to make any of the others, but plan on doing some local h.s. and get some more woods experience. would like to try to make them all next year with ant luck.. thanx again and hope to meet ya maybe next season, chad
p.s. tracy seems real cool and very nice, must be a pleasure knowing her.

cdalejef
04-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by chad cavagnaro
thanks jeff!!
early on friday i tried to come over by the pro pit and meet you,
tracy said you wouldn't be there till later. then i got real busy trying to prepare my quad...get front end tow set right and that was pretty involved, along with installing tether switch was real fun! got it set up by friday eve and just went to sleep. dont know if i'll get to make any of the others, but plan on doing some local h.s. and get some more woods experience. would like to try to make them all next year with ant luck.. thanx again and hope to meet ya maybe next season, chad
p.s. tracy seems real cool and very nice, must be a pleasure knowing her. Ya, we got there a little late friday. Traci is a sweet heart and is a great asset to our sport! :)

bradley300
04-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by big bad beny
whats up

i cant wait till sparta! it was my first race ever 2 years ago, not to mention, home field advantage, maybe i can pull a 5th place! se ya'll there

ex kid
04-22-2004, 08:31 AM
while you guys are talking bike setup.

bradley300 did you have Works shocks front and rear on your old blaster? im thinking about picking up a set. i'd like to go with Elka or PEP with a +1 a arm but i can't afford that. did the Works shocks help? did you have rezzies or not?

big bad beny
04-22-2004, 08:33 AM
ya last weekend was my first GNCC race and it will not be my last i hand a blast but if i can get a ride to sparta i well find you and say hi. Who do you like your elkas i might breake bown a buy some fronts.

bradley300
04-22-2004, 08:40 AM
exkid, ya, my blue blaster has burgaaurd plus 2 a-arms and dual rate works w/ rez. i'm in the process of switching out that front end on to my 03 blaster.

the works shocks work great, but the elkas are worth the x-tra cash
IMO, if your gonna mod the chassis on a blaster, do the rearend first, the stock rear swingarm is too short and has a horrible chain adjustment, not to mention, the rear shock holds the quad back more so than the fronts.

i plan on buying a burgaurd plus 1 or 2 swingarm for mine, it also converts the rearend to a honda round housing style that should be much easier to work on

ex kid
04-22-2004, 09:03 AM
cool man thanks for the info.

did you get a pipe on you 03' yet?
i wrote a review on the LRD RFX over in the other atv section. check it out.

bradley300
04-22-2004, 09:14 AM
havent got one yet, havent decided which pipe i want, and i'm saving to do a burgaurd/elka chassis, i'll go check out that review

countypark
04-24-2004, 08:39 AM
How about that Dustin Pigott. He fell way back due to a flat after grabbing the holeshot from Jeremy Benson(after his mishap).

And he finished in second only a couple of minutes behind Benson. Great job.

Bradley,

The pic that Harlen posted with you looking off to your right. I think you where looking at me coming in from the outside. I'll know when I get my race pics back.

I've got some new lock-tite for my ball joints now, hopefully there won't be any more mishaps like I had.

bradley300
04-24-2004, 09:49 AM
ya, i was looking at you and seeing what david price (on the black blaster) was doing.

and yeeah, dustin is way fast, i passed him on the first lap, so i knew something was wrong, then i saw him in the pits later on, and by the 2nd mile of the last lap, he was passing me again

countypark
04-24-2004, 09:45 PM
I had a great start, not in front but in the front pack.

My right contact lens blew out after about 2 miles and I had to stop just before the first big downhill(Try that with one eye.)

I guess I was lucky though, cuz at the 10 mile mark my right front lower ball joint came apart. I used blue locktite on it and I should have used red or green. I have green now.

Hopefully all of the bugs will be worked out of it for Saturday.

I just built a new upper shockmount and I think I have my front end set up really well using the 400ex ELKAS.

bradley300
04-25-2004, 09:41 AM
i was pretty happy w/ my start, think it was me, david and dusin out in front, then jeremy caught up by the time we all got to the creek and somebody else that went thru the creek (was that you countypark?) then we hit the open section and us four pretty much took off, me out in front (i think, hell i cant remeber) then i got passed by a few in the second to last turn b4 the woods, then jeremy passed me right b4 we crossed the road

countypark
04-25-2004, 01:35 PM
I passed jeremy when he spun and I was ahead of him at the creek. I am pretty sure that he and one other quad passed me before we got to the road but I was probably in 4th or 5th going into the woods.

bradley300
04-25-2004, 08:06 PM
i think i was 4th going into the woods behind david price, but i'm not sure

BLURR250X
04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Hey Mickey what exactly do you have to do to the 3rd gear mod. I'm starting to noitice mine slipping a little once in a while coming out of a corner hard.

bradley300
05-03-2004, 10:42 PM
so what did everyone think about sparta, how did they do? i had my best race this year, i love the mud! i got 5th and was SO close to passing benson for the 4th place spot. if i had a little more experience in mixing it up w/ other riders, i think i could have got him, he's a great rider tho. i was 3 minutes behind him at the end of the first lap, and i think i caught him at about the 5 mile mark, and stayed right on his bumper all the way to the finish. tried to pass him in a few spots, but they ended up being bad lines that i knew i shouldnt have taken, o well, i'm still learning i guess

countypark
05-03-2004, 10:54 PM
I would have loved the track if it wasn't so muddy. Man was that stuff slick. I spent an hour today hosing off the first layer.

Great job Brad, those tires did the trick.

I was having all kinds of trouble with mine but I finished two laps though and the quad ran awesome, just couldn't get traction.

I got stuck as soon as we hit the woods, then at the first creek. It was all downhill from there. Longest 20 miles I ever rode.

Probably would have done better with the 20 inch razor 2's that are like new. My 22 razors were about half worn and kept loading up really bad.

Hope its not so muddy next weekend.

bradley300
05-03-2004, 10:56 PM
[B

Hope its not so muddy next weekend. [/B]
well, your out of luck, jeffs not the only one that knows the rain dance:devil:

ex kid
05-04-2004, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bradley300
so what did everyone think about sparta, how did they do? i had my best race this year, i love the mud! i got 5th and was SO close to passing benson for the 4th place spot. if i had a little more experience in mixing it up w/ other riders, i think i could have got him, he's a great rider tho. i was 3 minutes behind him at the end of the first lap, and i think i caught him at about the 5 mile mark, and stayed right on his bumper all the way to the finish. tried to pass him in a few spots, but they ended up being bad lines that i knew i shouldnt have taken, o well, i'm still learning i guess [/QUOTE

good race bradley. saw u finsished real close to Benson.

im guessing you raced you 350?

bradley300
05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
yeah, i passed benson while he was sitting still at a hill climb- should have sat with him, he was loking for the good line, and i showed him the one not to take, so i got passed right back and i stayed with him the rest of the race, tried a few bad lines and had to catch back up, just couldnt get around him

and yah, i raced the 350