PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem please help !!!

dannyboy20
04-18-2004, 10:55 PM
ok i was out riding today and i was riding a wheelie and come down kinda hard and then the quad died. Went to start it and i had no power. Checked the fuse and it was blown. Put in the 15 amp spair and it ran fine for a few minutes. I started doing donuts and my buddy said my lights were flickering. Then the quad died again. So this time i unplugged the lights and my buddy had a 20 amp fuse which i used and it has been fine since. Im guessing something in the lights is causing the problem but doea anyone have any idea what it might be ?

44oEX
04-19-2004, 08:52 AM
you probably have a lose wire that is causing it to sort out and blows your fuses.

dannyboy20
04-19-2004, 10:25 AM
loose wire on the lights ?

44oEX
04-19-2004, 10:52 AM
no just in the wirering it self maybe you batery connections

YLW400
04-19-2004, 11:05 AM
i have been having problems with my wires coming out and crap too....It actually may of caused me to not qualify for the national at Budds yesterday.........I was in 3rd, some jackoff put me into a wall, causing me to flip, but I hurry up and get back on the quad only to hear it clicking instead of turning over.....take the seat off, and play with the wires to get it started...too bad I was about 5 -7 minutes late......made me livid

dannyboy20
04-21-2004, 09:51 AM
ok well i ran the quad with the lights on ok and then when i switched high and low beams the lights started to flicker on low beam and did not work on high beam at all. Then when i killed the quad it was dead and the fuse had blown. Any suggestions. I have been checking for loose wires also.

44oEX
04-21-2004, 10:38 AM
yeah well you have a sort somewhere. check the light connection to make sure there is no water or just some crape in there.

Did you check all your battery connections?
Have you bin riding in alot of water lately? If so You probably have some water in your connection witch is causing it to sort out. Do you clean you quad with a pressure washer? That could also get some water in the connections.

dannyboy20
04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
batery connections or the light switch connection. Because i just took the switches out and cleaned inside the platic cassing which was a little dirty.

44oEX
04-21-2004, 10:56 AM
I would good ahead and check all the connection and clean them good

dannyboy20
04-21-2004, 11:19 AM
ok now with the fron lights unplugged and the tail light still pluged in it is ok. So im guessing it must be in the lights them selves because i can switch both switches and nothing happens but as soon as the headlights are plugged in the problem occurs. So maybe there is a short in the headlights.

dannyboy20
04-21-2004, 11:45 AM
i just took the boots off the lights and discovered that a little piece of plastic had broken off inside were the connections were. The lights seem to be working fine now.

44oEX
04-23-2004, 08:57 AM
glad to know you got it running