PDA

View Full Version : A question for all you 300ex owners

lil_billy_300ex
04-18-2004, 10:20 PM
I own a 1997 300ex with some mods, built for mx, and i race, but i cannot seem to keep my fricken bearing carrier tight in my swingarm. i have a lonestar twin row bearing carrier in there and the chain keeps coming loose from jumping or whatever. I almost want to weld the damn thing up, well not really. should i go with a new leagers or lonestar swing arm? its a little spendy. anyone got some tips on how to keep that bearing carrier tight? thanks

97 300ex
white bros promeg pipe
works shocks
400ex carb
k&n air filter and jet kit
11:1 piston web racing cam and heavy duty valve springs being put in.

lil_billy_300ex
04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
i will be putting some pics of my quad and a few pics of me hitting some jumps as soon as my motor gets done. thanks

hoser 400ex
04-19-2004, 09:33 AM
get rid of that junk matt!! shoulda sold it to your bro. j/k we'll get that pile figured out!! i can see all the first place trophies already. you can have the trophies but i get the trophy girls!! lol j/k :devil: :macho

outacontrol31
04-19-2004, 09:58 AM
swingarm is most likly cracked, same problem with 2 different 300exs, might be just a hairline crack. if your gonna keep the 300ex for a while invest in a good shock swinrarm and bearing carrier combo. stock shock while racing will break even a aftermarket swing (i did) so we boaght another swingarm and a good shock and problem solved

lil_billy_300ex
04-20-2004, 03:47 PM
hey thanks outacontrol, i will take a good look at it. i was thinking of puting in a new shock. i heard that a stock raptor rear shock would work but im still thinkin about. hey keep that 450r rubber side down eh? lol thanks again.

Mat

hellbound250r
04-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey Mat
buy an R!!!MMMMMMMMMMM be!acth! I'll look at it fur ya.we gotta git er done for races this summer.:muscle:

roostin_dale
04-22-2004, 03:10 PM
same prob. on mine.

I just tighten it between each moto. Brand new Lonestar twin row and i cant seem to fix it...

exkid04
04-26-2004, 12:47 AM
make sure your axle lock nut is tight that happened to me too my axle seized up because of it

Xrider06
05-02-2004, 08:41 PM
hey i have a 250x (which has an identical swingarm) and i have a lonestar bearing carrier in mine too but mine is almost too tight to move so i dont know what to tell you. Make sure that you are tightening thos 2 allen head bolts in the back tho. Dont know what else to tell ya. Good Luck

Q. O. R.
05-02-2004, 09:02 PM
The 300ex has a problem with that swingarm when you do alot of racing jumping and hard riding. Often the part wrapping around the carrier cracks underneath so no matter how much you tighten it it wont, also they tend to stretch with no sign of cracks.For a quick fix remove your carrier bolts and grind a small amount of matierial from between the upper and lower tightening bands until it is tight on the carrier again. (not a permanent fix and dont do this if its cracked)

SRH
05-02-2004, 09:26 PM
this post =suspension forum

lil_billy_300ex
05-06-2004, 10:21 PM
thanks everyone, it seems to be keeping tight now, i put new honda bolts and grommets in the swing arm that kinda helped i think, its not moving too much now. oh yes a tip for everyone with a 250x or 300ex. of your chain keeps getting loose and your carrier doesnt move, check your swing arm rod and nut, right behind the motor. make sure they are always tight mine got loose and that bolt bored threw my frame about a half an inch to the front and back. i had to take my frame to a welding shop and they just built up weld on the hole and drilled it to the right size. it works good now. thanks again everyone.

Mat

97 300ex
white bros promeg pipe
works shocks
400ex carb
k&n air filter and jet kit
11:1 piston web racing cam and heavy duty valve springs