PDA

View Full Version : Timing advance key reviews?

Brown2367
04-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Hey I was just curious if anybody has installed the timing advance key on there 400ex, if so I was wonderin how it worked, as if you could even notice a difference in power:confused: if it made it sux the 2.00 a gallon fuel:eek: just curious on if its a waste of money, or if it made them run hot...just anything you guys may know about it......thanks for the help....:D

ewalker302
04-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I like mine----seemed to improve throttle response.
Never read a complaint about them here.
Worth $20 imo.

:bandit:

Billdog350
04-19-2004, 07:10 AM
I always run 93 octane in my ATV's anyway...they run cooler and it's a premium grade fuel so you're less likely to have carbon/gum deposits and stuff.

Regardless, the $20 timing key was by far one of the best mods that I did to my machine. It makes it a bit louder and gives it a ton more low end grunt. You won't notice as much high end increase....but the low end is awesome. Wheelies under power from 2nd and 3rd are possible with the key....but without they were much more difficult. Takes about 2 hrs to do the job and it's pretty difficult to screw stuff up....just make sure you have an impact gun handy for removing the flywheel with the special "tool" that they give you. The tool is actually just a bolt...but it works.

sickmojave
04-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by ewalker302
I like mine----seemed to improve throttle response.
Never read a complaint about them here.
Worth $20 imo.

:bandit:

;)