PDA

View Full Version : WB owners please read and reply!!!

400exBro
08-23-2001, 06:55 PM
I just put my WB e-seris slip-on pipe on this morning and checkes to make sure that there are no leaks and found a little bit of cool air coming out of the front side at the top(where the s bend part is ( where it is joined by the head pipe), is this normal..
Thanks very much
400exBro

08-23-2001, 06:58 PM
i don't think it will hurt it....but i'd try to fix it do you have your clamp tightened down tight?...kinda a dumb ? but i forget stuff like that alot..... hope this helps

skemp
08-23-2001, 11:29 PM
Mine does that as well, and the clamp is tightened down good. I think it is just the factor of aftermarket+stock parts=mediocre fit. Could try some high temp exhaust sealent, but I don't think even I care enough about it to do anything to try and fix it.
I found out when I felt the hairs on my leg getting moved by the wind created by the pipe. I thought maybe it was just static on the plastic, but then I realized that a little exhaust was escaping. I don't think it is enough to make a difference though.

400exBro
08-24-2001, 06:59 AM
i don't have exhaust coming from there i have it comes from the inlet side of the pipe somwhere around the top or so, i didn't feel and around the head pipe, it's just a tiny bit you can only feel it really close to the pipe. I also thought that it part of the back presure and some of it gets out, i dunna that sounds dumb!
i guess i'll call WB today and find out
Thanks

400exBro
08-24-2001, 07:58 PM
Come guys i need some help on this topic

400exRacerX
08-24-2001, 08:58 PM
having a exhuast leak will lead to major engine damage, it causes poping or backfiring on decell, wihch is no good. i have the s bend and it was leaking i just mounted the clamp up forther were the end of the pipe meets the head pipe so nothing leaks,and were those cut outs are on the end of the s bend i have the clamp completely over those cuts so it cant leak at all.

08-24-2001, 09:10 PM
really i8t hurts it oh crap im screwed well better sell my quad so i can let the next guy deal with it

08-31-2001, 10:31 PM
I have a WB e-series pipe also. I put it on myself on my 300ex and had the same problem. The pipe doesn't come with a gasket or a "donut". The part goes at the end of the slip on exhuast and goes around the header pipe towards the end. I had to go back up to the quad shop and buy a 15$ part when I just spent 250$ on a pipe. wow.:huh

WB400ex
09-03-2001, 11:33 AM
i also have a WB slip on and air comes out the top part of the silencer i guess this is normal

09-03-2001, 07:11 PM
my pipe doesnt have air leaks,
i guess im a future macanic hahaha not

trx400ex
09-03-2001, 07:17 PM
i guess i wont get a wb....like rico predicted when sales went up quality went down

09-04-2001, 09:53 AM
Yup,,I called it trx400ex,,everybody wants em,,,so WB is just slingin em together and shippin them out...but remember all the shootouts say the WB adds like 400 horsepower and no other pipe made anywere in the universe can help a 400ex out like a WB pipe,,Sorry but I've still yet to see all the hype over WB pipes,,,,shoot out,,,,schmood out who cares,,,all rider part bike..why put something on your bike that just about every other 400 owner has on his bike,,,not me I like to be different,,still spankin the competition..:devil :devil :devil

WB400ex
09-04-2001, 02:54 PM
only get the best dont get no cheap imitation fmf

09-04-2001, 03:07 PM
smart post there WB ! keep up the good work :grr i would hardly consider fmf a cheap imitation. from my personal experence therse not that big of a differance in any of the major brand name pipes. other than the sound. even if one is better than another one i dont think anyone could actually feel .5 hp differance anyways. too many people judge products just by others impressions and opinions. not pointing this at u or anything its just my 2 cents

09-04-2001, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by WB400ex
only get the best dont get no cheap imitation fmf

I don't recall seeing any complaints regarding FMF's quality..but I have seen numerous post regarding WB silencers having bad welds....or breaking welds....or shipped from the factory with leaks...I'd say WB is dropping the ball on quality made products..

And I hardly condiser FMF an imitation,,,FMF and WB pipes don't look nothing a like or for that matter even made the same,,,FMF powercores don't have disks so were's the imitation quote coming from....keep up the good work and stop sniffin glue son,,,it's bad fer the brain....:D :D

WB400ex
09-04-2001, 04:29 PM
ok well fmf is good i had a pipe and silencer on my blaster and it hauled ***. but i think WB is just as good as fmf if not better. and pro circuit is good to. curtis sparks also.