PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Dusty!

FASTeR
04-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi, i may be in the wrong to put this in here, but i figured the message would get delivered this way..I was pitted next to you guys with the blue yfz. I heard that Dusty broke her wrist, just wanted to say get well soon, Hopefully you'll be racing again soon. I had no idea who you guys where until after you both headed to the hospital, both of you seemed very nice and it was a pleasure to meet you guys. Colby good luck the rest of the season, and again get well soon Dusty.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Thank you so much :)
words of advice "do not case a jump"
I get to find out tomorrow if I go in for surgery :rolleyes: :grr:

How did you finish?

JOEX
04-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Bummer:(

Get well soon:)

Pappy
04-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JOEX

zephead400ex
04-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

Maybe this could help?:devil:

cdalejef
04-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Dusty, I saw you come by holding your arm. I can't believe you finished the lap like that. :eek2:

YLW400
04-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I hope all goes well :)

Ryan
04-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
I hope all goes well :)

hondarider2006
04-19-2004, 11:05 AM

redroost85
04-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear about your injury Dusty.:(

I know how casing a jump = no too much fun, lol!

Hang in there and let us know how things work out for you.:)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Sorry to hear that Dusty, I saw you come by holding your arm. I can't believe you finished the lap like that. :eek2:

I tried to shake it off went over the table and tried to pull in the clutch around the corner and that was impssible I knew it was broke at that point, I was going to pull over then so I wasn't in any ones way but noone was behind me so I kept going. I didn't drive 16 hrs to not finish at least a lap :D

I wish I could have done more The 450r was feeling pretty good.

Thanks again for the get wells
I am praying that I don't have to have surgery, I am the biggest chicken when they mention that word :(

400exmom
04-19-2004, 02:18 PM
bummer that stinks:(

hope you heal quickly~

toby400ex
04-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Thats a bummer Dusty, i did the same thing last june when i over shot a jump. I feel your pain.:( Get well soon :p

A4StrokeGuy
04-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Yes get well! I also broke my wrist this weekend racing at red bud, i tried the double double and didnt make it. oh well next time, i know it hurts! this all happened on the first lap, i was stupid enough to finish the race though in super pain.

ps. typing with one hand takes 4ever:devil:

FASTeR
04-19-2004, 07:23 PM
i did only one lap as well i hurt my thumb near the 10 mile marker, the last 3 miles were brutal i could only imagine what riding with broken wrist would have felt like.. I'm sure you'll do well, your lap time wasnt bad for riding in pain.. Once you get the kick starting thing down you'll be fine ;) Anyway goodluck and hopefully you wont have to have surgery, but if you do it may be for the better, sometimes docs fix it better than it would heal. So if worse comes to worse dont worry!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy
Yes get well! I also broke my wrist this weekend racing at red bud, i tried the double double and didnt make it. oh well next time, i know it hurts! this all happened on the first lap, i was stupid enough to finish the race though in super pain.

ps. typing with one hand takes 4ever:devil:

Sorry to hear about your wrist are you in a cast yet? Those are so much fun :rolleyes: hopefully you did not do too much damage from continuing the race.

I know what you mean about typing with one hand, takes forever and being druged doesn't help either :blah:

ZSK
04-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Being drugged??? The price you gave me on hipers was the real price right?:)

Hope you feel better soon. I know what it's like not to be able to ride due to an injury.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by FASTeR
i did only one lap as well i hurt my thumb near the 10 mile marker, the last 3 miles were brutal i could only imagine what riding with broken wrist would have felt like.. I'm sure you'll do well, your lap time wasnt bad for riding in pain.. Once you get the kick starting thing down you'll be fine ;) Anyway goodluck and hopefully you wont have to have surgery, but if you do it may be for the better, sometimes docs fix it better than it would heal. So if worse comes to worse dont worry!

Ok I have to ask sorry for my ignorance but were you the one that sat on my bike :D and talking to us about the seat covers
if so how did they turn out?

Sorry to hear about your thumb did you clip a tree and jam your thumb?

I was so mad with my start :grr: but I will say that is the first wheelie I have ever done :p

My first lap was faster than Colbys:muscle:

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
Being drugged??? The price you gave me on hipers was the real price right?:)

Hope you feel better soon. I know what it's like not to be able to ride due to an injury.

LOL :p

jonc623
04-19-2004, 08:33 PM
hey dusty hope you get well soon you did this in tennisee right ? i broke my knee cap in half there in like 96 on a warrior first gncc race and made 3 laps crashed messed up my knee and still ran 2 more laps thank god for e- start anyway get well soon

SGA
04-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Sorry to read about your wrist, get well soon:)

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
yep it was in TN that place is huge and I like the terrain
Did you make it to the race? if I remember right you were trying to go.

Woodsrider
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Get well soon Dusty, but at least its only a broken wrist, My freind took a digger yesterday out in the desert and broke ribs 4,5,and 6, and his scapula:( Best wishes for a speedy recovery:)

kamikaze_rzrbak
04-19-2004, 10:00 PM
dont worry about surgery, i broke my wrist last summer and i felt better after surgery. The surgery was easier than waiting for the damn surgery. plus they gave me tons of pain pills, but watch out and don't get addicted to those little f'ers i was really careful about taking all of um

batgeek
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
take it easy and get well soon Dusty!

Dunesurfer
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Dusty....Ouch. Sorry to hear about your wrist. At least you were going for it. Get well soon and kick some butt:D

Bean
04-19-2004, 10:49 PM
no big deal, im out the rest of the season already with a broken femer, lol

for being 17, i have an amazing collection of 6 broken bones, (not counting fingers), 11 screws, 2 plates, and 1 rod in my body already, lol

jonc623
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
no dusty i didnt make it to tn no cash ill be on the way soon i hope if i ever get back to work constrution is tough here now but will get going hard soon

Pappy
04-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Bean
and 1 rod in my body already, lol

:confused: you know i wont let you live that down:devil:

FASTeR
04-20-2004, 10:46 AM
yea that be me Dusty, I jammed it and bent it backwards at the same time, hit it hard enough to slide my tight throttle backwards, i couldnt slide it back so went the last 3 miles using my index finger to pull the throttle up.. I saw you wheelie, i noticed you were not having fun when you made your practice start and after 3 kicks to fire you shook your head.. you'll get it down.

Admin
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
My first lap was faster than Colbys:muscle: [/B]

lol, Dusty is Faster than Colby with a Broken Wrist :eek:

I guess you could say she left Colby in the "Dust"

I hope you get well soon Dusty and it was great to see both of you again at the track. Hopefully, you will heal up soon enough that I can drag you both back East from so more racing or riding.

For the record, I am just kidding Colby because you are the fastest!!

Shawn H
04-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about your wrist
Hope its not as bad as when I broke mine in Sept. got the cast and everything off 1 week before Texas GNCC.
It was along and boring heal. Now ready to go still aches once in a while they say it will go away eventually.

spincr4hire
04-20-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
Thank you so much :)
words of advice "do not case a jump"
I get to find out tomorrow if I go in for surgery :rolleyes: :grr:

Get well soon, Dusty! I didn't realize it was you guys next to where we were, either.
I cased a jump as well, but luckily came out with only a big nasty bruise on my leg and a sore shoulder.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
I just got back from the Doctor and I am not happy:macho :grr:

I go under the knife tomorrow, sounds like thay are going to put a plate in my arm :(

Tommy 17
04-20-2004, 02:44 PM
get well soon dusty...

i know how u feel i broke my arm 3 times already and 11 bones total...

just be glad u don't have one of these for 6 months

cdalejef
04-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-20-2004, 03:05 PM
now that looks scary :eek2:

UglyMotha™
04-20-2004, 03:08 PM
DOH, i was getting ready to call you next week for some parts are you still goin to be able to hold the phone and talk to me :( cause colby just ain't no good at slingin parts, maybe if his voice was a little more female :blah:

Tommy 17
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
haha AMEN ugly... its always nice to call C&D and hear dustys voice haha... makes u wanna call back and buy more parts:devil:

A4StrokeGuy
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your wrist are you in a cast yet? Those are so much fun :rolleyes: hopefully you did not do too much damage from continuing the race.

I know what you mean about typing with one hand, takes forever and being druged doesn't help either :blah:

yeah i'm in a cast until june 2, hope to be racing by mid july, i didnt want the points champ. anyways:rolleyes: saddest thing was the moto before i had raced the best moto of my life oh well

jordan

Bad Habit
04-20-2004, 07:40 PM

I have two words for you.........

GOT MILK?

:blah:

emj426
04-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Hope everything goes well with your wrist Dusty. I broke mine 2 years ago on an MX track and had to have surgery. It's no fun but with time it will as good as new again. Myself and all of the other girls in the morning atv class were glad that you were there and hope that you make it back soon...Good Luck

400exdad
04-21-2004, 06:36 AM
That was you Dusty?! I'm sorry to hear about that. We were at the race and saw you continuing on the track... one handed! Get well soon! And hopefully, no surgery.

dirtmomma
04-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Awe man hope your feelin better soon Dusty ;)

BIGRED400
04-21-2004, 06:54 PM
get well soon dusty...

Hey Tommy17 I can tell you firsthand being 45 I see some arthritis in the making for you down the road:( but I hope not for your sake ...take care

BIGRED400
04-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Good Luck hope you heal up soon, Thanks goes to you and Colby for help in the past on my 416.:D

Tommy 17
04-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BIGRED400
Hey Tommy17 I can tell you firsthand being 45 I see some arthritis in the making for you down the road:( but I hope not for your sake ...take care

actually i've never felt pain once from a rain storm, etc... i've been lucky... they don't bother me at all!

Bean
04-21-2004, 10:22 PM
iv broke 8 bones, 11 screws, 2 plates, and 1 rod, 2 sugeries, lol, im on a roll

gimpbzkt400ex
04-22-2004, 07:16 AM
get well soon dusty...

OUCH!!!

Braff1
04-22-2004, 07:25 AM
Sorry to hear about you breaking your wrist. I think almost everyone bit the dirt on the first lap, so much for "There are no big doubles here, just rounded table tops, so don’t worry if you're not a motocross ace." I hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Make sure Colby pampers you a little bit and you might have to give him your secret of going faster than him.

Calling C&D racing and talking to Dusty is better than calling them 900 numbers. lol

Drugs= a better life through pharmaceuticles.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Well I am still alive (barely) I went to the hospital at 10:30 am yesterday and did not get to leave untill 6:30 pm. From what Colby has told me I did not have to be cut open. I guess once the doc got in their he was able to position the arm and wrist and pin it. It still hurts like He!! I am taking pain pills every 2 hrs. Ihave a nice club as an arm now.

Colby has been doing a good job taking care of me :)

JOEX
04-22-2004, 09:45 PM
So, did the mechanic put in one of those lighter wrist pins?:p

Get well soon:) and make sure Colby doesn't screw up any orders!:D J/K

Disaster
04-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Get well soon bro...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-23-2004, 10:30 AM
So, did the mechanic put in one of those lighter wrist pins?:p

Get well soon:) and make sure Colby doesn't screw up any orders!:D J/K

now thats funny :D

too late on the order thing :p but I do know that your order went overnight you should have it today.

popo
04-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Dusty, Sorry to hear about your boo-boo, kinda a rough week end, drive 13 hrs one way, than have to turn around and do it with a broken wrist.

Good luck with the healing process, and no smacking Colby with the cast.

SGA
04-23-2004, 09:46 PM
I never have met dusty, but I saw a pic of her from the GNCC. She looks really good.:) Youre a lucky guy Colby!

JOEX
04-23-2004, 09:58 PM
now thats funny :D

too late on the order thing :p but I do know that your order went overnight you should have it today.
Got the package today:macho but with someone elses invoice:eek:

FASTeR
04-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Dusty, i have been thinking.. this is a blessing to you.. get all the parts you want for the 450r, and since your 1 handed at the moment, Colby will have to install them! no more doing your own wrenching for a while. I'm sure you'd rather be spinnin wrenches than in metal contraption.. But you'll be fine.. enjoy having a servant for a while :D

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Got the package today:macho but with someone elses invoice:eek:

are you serious :grr:

I told him not to screw it up :rolleyes:

looks like I have some work to do :o

POPO dive 16 more hours one way, ya I wasn't too happy it was a long drive home and this week was long also and to top it off Colby was making fun of me before I went under he said I was a little loopy :o

it has been kind of nice not having to do anything for a while and some one (Colby) actually appreciates what I do at the office . :D
I don't know if I will get any new parts out if the deal ;)

Colby@C&DRacing
04-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey JOEX you should just count yourself lucky you got the goggles at all, I was really stressed this week way to much for one person to handle :confused:. I really had no idea that one woman could handle so many things at once:eek:

04-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Get better girl.....:)

RytM1
04-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Get well soon Dusty.

Its not the same calling the shop to order something. I tried to order some tires last week, and Colby told me you guys aren't even a distributor for Skat-trak. Damn, I was kinda P.O.'d (finally found them after about 8 more calls)....Now if it had been you on the other end, I probably wouldn't have been as P.O.'d. At least it sounds more pleasant being let down by you. LOL (Sorry, no offense Colby, I'm sure if you sold them, you would have taken my money as quickly as Dusty would...)