PDA

View Full Version : BUdds Creek Report!!!!!

Scottie Mac
04-18-2004, 08:05 PM
Budds was awesome. I felt so bad for Natalie. In moto one he pulled the holeshot and pulled away. Dustin Wimmer was second and Jones was in third. After about half the race Jones got by Wimmer and tried to make up ground on Natalie, but he was GONE. Farr started out 5th, right in front of Gust. It took Gust about a quarter of the race to get by and set his sights on Keith Little. About half way thru he passes Little and then Wimmer to get the third. Wimmer held on to 4th and Little 5th. Farr looked good, but just wasn't as fast thru the turns.

Moto 2 was a mess. Jones got the holeshot with Natalie close. After a lap Jones pulled about a 5 quad length lead and a lot of people (me included) expected him to pull away for his first win of the year. But, Natalie turned on the afterburners and caught and passed Jones! Meanwhile, Farr and Gust were fighting it out for third. ABotu 4 laps in, Jones and Natalie tangles and both Farr and Gust got by. After a few seconds Jones got under way but poor Natalie took forever to get going, by the time he did, he was completely out of the running. Jones put on a hard charge, passed Tavis Cain to go to second but couldn't catch the top two. Gust eventually got by Farr and pulled away. Farr held on for second with Jones third.

Gust won the overall with a 3-1 finish, Jones finished seconf with a 2-3 and Farr third with a 6-2 finish.

The track got REALLY rough but those guys just ate it up. Although Budds doesn't offer the air time that Birch Creek does, it is still a ton of fun watching the top guys in the world tear up a track.

Congrats to Gust, he simply amazes me being his age and riding the way he does. ANd a thumbs up to John Natalie, the fastest person on the track this weekend.

Scott

jcv400ex
04-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the report! I've been dying to see what happened. Congrats to Wimmer on a great ride! Good to see him doing well in the Pro Class.

God I feel bad for John! He's due for an overall yet, but it looks like Digger has plans for another championship the way he's riding. What a kikk in the pants that would be for Yami and Honda. To get beat by the only Suzuki in the pack. :eek2:

AtvMxRider
04-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Great report Scott. Did you go to Elizabeth city this weekend? We were there the track was in great shape.

YLW400
04-19-2004, 01:53 PM
There was some good racing, if I would of known you were going to be there Scottie, I would of gotten up with you.....Did you watch any of the "C" class races Scottie?

250rmike
04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
i was there until about 3:30-4 on saturday i left right as the pro qualifier was starting. i had other things to do and had to leave. racing was good. a few people decided to take the start alittle to fast it looked like and came accross to go down the hill and went right into the fence. i have some pics that ill try to get up somewhere so you guys can take a look. anyone know where i can put them at i cant get into imagestation for some reason

Scottie Mac
04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Ahhhh, yeah I guess you could say I saw some of the C class racing. I was in it. I pulled the holeshot in Division 3 of C class, was soooooo excited, I miscalculated where the first hill was and was one of the guys who ended up in the mud pile and fence. I recovered to finish 7th after pretty much racing like $hit. I couldn't stay for the LCQ. But, it was fun. The difference in track conditions from 8 AM practive to a 4:30 race was amazing. It was basically a different track.

Oh well, live and learn. Met some nice people and really enjoyed watching the Pros, they are simply UNREAL. Sorry I didn't get to meet any of you guys.

Scott

250rmike
04-19-2004, 08:53 PM
yea i was right there by one of the trees alittle farther up the hill from where you hit the fence i was gonna get up and help but by the time i could get up there were already like 4 or 5 people helping. which bike were u on . i saw 2 people do it while i was there. next time i go to a nat. well all have to get together i hope to be in better health and have a bike ready by then so i can accually race

Scottie Mac
04-19-2004, 08:57 PM
I didn't get hung in the fence, I kinda skimmed it as I got stick, as soon as I got in neutral, I was able to get back in the race, but, unfortunetly, in last. Still had fun though. Just to ride Budds and pull a holeshot made my day. LIke I said, I was so astonished I was in the lead I forgot to actually stear the dang quad. My brother really got a kick out of it. He laughed about it the whole ride home. Ahhhh, family, gotta love 'em.

Scott

250rmike
04-19-2004, 09:52 PM
yea gotta love family. i thought you were saying you were one of the guys that went into the fence. they hit it at a pretty good speed. that wire fence saved a few spectators.

anyway congrats on the holeshots i hope to be ou racing with you sometime in the near future

YLW400
04-20-2004, 06:12 AM
Man, I was in Division 1 Scottie!! The first off camber you come to, over near the downhills I got put into a wall, and rolled my quad..I was in 3rd:( I took the outside line...way down low, then some kid took the high line pushing me into the wall, causing me to flip....Then I had a wire come off of my starter..needled to say I didn't qualify, and I didn't run the LCQ either..Oh well, it was a good experience...

Scottie Mac
04-20-2004, 06:14 AM
Live and learn, but hey, still better than being at work!

Scott

YLW400
04-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Amen to that :o :D

YLW400
04-20-2004, 06:20 AM
I also met Rick and Tracie Cecco...very nice people... Paul Turner as well.....

YamaWarr0121
04-21-2004, 01:10 PM
i was there, pulled holeshot and almost won my first moto in production c then dropped a valve and had to pull out..got a replacement motor for my quad for the lcq but couldn't make up for the different in power n didn't qualify