PDA

View Full Version : blowing fuses

holeshot19
04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
got one blowing fuses anyone have this problem and i seen some bikes a lorettas with headlights and some with out does that have anything to do with it

Pappy
04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
everyone is running lights to try and prevent thier batteries from dieing.

it would be easier if they would just buy a new rectifier:p

the short sounds like a bad ground somewhere. check every wire to see if one has been rubbed and is now grounding itself on the frame...a bracket etc.

Johnny & Monica
04-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
got one blowing fuses anyone have this problem and i seen some bikes a lorettas with headlights and some with out does that have anything to do with it

Was you the poor guy I talk to getting pulled back at lorretta`s yesterday with the blown fuse?The only problem I at with my yfz was really stiff tumb throttle kinda of hard to press in on while riding 13 miles of whoop`s.I hear of alot of guy`s switching to 400ex thumb throttle`s

holeshot19
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
Was you the poor guy I talk to getting pulled back at lorretta`s yesterday with the blown fuse?The only problem I at with my yfz was really stiff tumb throttle kinda of hard to press in on while riding 13 miles of whoop`s.I hear of alot of guy`s switching to 400ex thumb throttle`s naw but i have to work on that dumb *** bike, but the three of us that went up there didnt have a good day

crayfz
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
I had a wire rub thru behind the left headlight. Look for a black spot on your frame were it arced across.