PDA

View Full Version : ~~~Question for Mickey~~~

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 05:11 PM
I have asked this question on many Atv Boards and only got one repsonse........:( Can OR will a Stock Predator Carb work well in my Ex?? I have been told its been done to a Z400 with Very good results.........buts thats all the info I get........:confused: I ran it past a few Racing Co. and they all thought it would be GREAT!!!!!!............. But again.........no REAL responses........Can you give me your thoughts ....??? Thanks Mickey ;)

TCracin440ex
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
ok im not mickey dunlap.....but...i wouldnt put a mikuni carb on the 400ex...proally the best 3 carbs you can get for that bike would be an fcr 39mm, eldebrock, or maybe a lectron....i wouldnt recomend mikuni to anyone...

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
ok im not mickey dunlap.....but...i wouldnt put a mikuni carb on the 400ex...proally the best 3 carbs you can get for that bike would be an fcr 39mm, eldebrock, or maybe a lectron....i wouldnt recomend mikuni to anyone... Im asking this cause the Carb will be free.........Correct me if Im wrong but I believe the Preddys Carb is a 42mm????

TCracin440ex
04-18-2004, 05:29 PM
what mm is the pred carb...i think its a 42...it should work....but you will most likely have to get a pred throttle cable

QuadJunkies
04-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
what mm is the pred carb...i think its a 42...it should work....but you will most likely have to get a pred throttle cable thats what I thought.Thanks...;)

Dunlap
04-19-2004, 05:54 AM
The predator is a 500 and the way your head flows and the size of the motor you are running I don't think you would like it. The stock carb works very well and the only place you will gain with any large carb is top end and most likely will loose bottom end.

QuadJunkies
04-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
The predator is a 500 and the way your head flows and the size of the motor you are running I don't think you would like it. The stock carb works very well and the only place you will gain with any large carb is top end and most likely will loose bottom end. thats what I needed to know..Thanks Mickey...;)