PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from here @ snake hunt this weekend?

kazpr
04-18-2004, 03:14 PM
If so hope you all had a safe and fun trip also. Was alot of 450r's there. Only saw 2 or 3 with aftermarket pipes. L8r

DONKEY
04-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Left on thursday, just got back. It was crazy as usual, there were a lot of nice quads huh! I talked to a couple of people with 450Rs. One had a sparks the other had a duncan pipe, next month I'm buying the HRC kit and the sparks pipe, I need a little extra punch out of the motor. How often do you ride the dunes? What's your take on the north camp road being shut down.

kazpr
04-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Was actually my first time to there in 10 years. Why was the north camps closed? Ya I feel my bike really needs a pipe setup for there. Bike climbed all dunes with ease. Just would be nice with a little more snap in the low to mid range.

RedRacer44
04-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey fellas!

We went up to SnakeHunt on Saturday night and rode all day Sunday. Crazy as usual. Lots of nice quads. I seen quite a few 450Rs besides mine. Maybe ya'all seen me....I had #44 on the hood and fenders. Sparks exhaust, nerf bars, lonestar axle, PRP +2 A-arms were the obvious things you might of seen. It was a lot of fun. The dunes were perfect for airing it out except for the damn wind!

We stayed in the North Campground, well....we were in the ditch next to the road going to the campground so I dont know if the actual campground was closed or not.

kazpr
04-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Red how was it with the pipe on it there? Did you ever go there w/out a pipe? Just curious seemed my bike desperately needs a pipe there.

bansheeke
04-19-2004, 05:01 PM
The north campground isn't closed, they are closing the rode people used to park and camp along close to the north grounds

We will be out there mothers day weekend too with a 450R a couple banshee and a black 400ex

DONKEY
04-19-2004, 05:21 PM
If you rode through the north campground and saw all of the posts with cable running through them, the whole length of that rode on both sides will be blocked off soon, no camping, parking or riding will be permited. Yes is was very windy sat night, could not see half of the time, other than that it was a great weekend. I'm wondering the same as kazpr, RedRacer44 how do you like your pipe?

outacontrol31
04-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Hey fellas!

We went up to SnakeHunt on Saturday night and rode all day Sunday. Crazy as usual. Lots of nice quads. I seen quite a few 450Rs besides mine. Maybe ya'all seen me....I had #44 on the hood and fenders. Sparks exhaust, nerf bars, lonestar axle, PRP +2 A-arms were the obvious things you might of seen. It was a lot of fun. The dunes were perfect for airing it out except for the damn wind!

We stayed in the North Campground, well....we were in the ditch next to the road going to the campground so I dont know if the actual campground was closed or not.
on sunday was that you and the black 250R runnin around cause i saw a decked out 450R on sunday. i was on a 450R with a sparks pipe and my brother had the silver 300ex. the dunes were nice on sunday, super smooth and not to many people, we were in the diehard racing trailer

RedRacer44
04-20-2004, 07:54 PM
I love the Sparks pipe! Lots of low end grunt and good mid range pull. Sounds sick as hell too! I didnt ride my 450 at Sahara stock, both times I've had it up there was with my Sparks exhaust. I have the Sparks filter set-up also, compliments the exhaust well.

Yeah dude that was me. I remember seeing ya. Had the broken fender right? Yeah that black 250R is mine also, my buddy was riding it because his Banshee is in the shop right now. He burnt up the motor the last time he was at sahara over spring break.

Where are all ya guys from??

I think we're going back up there toward the end of May or 1st weekend in June. Need to get everyone up there.

kazpr
04-20-2004, 08:00 PM
I hope to be there the week of june 7th. Probably go on monday stay til I am tired.

kazpr
04-20-2004, 08:56 PM
honduh where in kansas are you from?

outacontrol31
04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
I love the Sparks pipe! Lots of low end grunt and good mid range pull. Sounds sick as hell too! I didnt ride my 450 at Sahara stock, both times I've had it up there was with my Sparks exhaust. I have the Sparks filter set-up also, compliments the exhaust well.

Yeah dude that was me. I remember seeing ya. Had the broken fender right? Yeah that black 250R is mine also, my buddy was riding it because his Banshee is in the shop right now. He burnt up the motor the last time he was at sahara over spring break.

Where are all ya guys from??

I think we're going back up there toward the end of May or 1st weekend in June. Need to get everyone up there.
ya that be me with the broken fender, i rode my first tt race the weekend before and figured out you can't lay on the throttle in the corners like you can in motocross, anyways we live north of dallas about 40 miles, hopefrully we can make it up there and hang out. hopefully my jb a-arms will come in soon, hope they work wonders like i'm hearing. anyway see ya later:macho

2manycrashes
04-21-2004, 09:10 AM
My buddy, his wife and I were at Snakehunt. It was pretty crazy. We were camped at the south Campground by the oasis in the expansion area.

I posted some pics from our trip at

Snakehunt Pics (http://www.dryan.net)

It was way to packed for good riding after Thursday night. There are just to many retards out there. I almost got killed Friday when a dunebuggy flew over a hill. I got to see the undercarriage of the buggy though. The jumps were pretty decent though.

kazpr
04-21-2004, 09:43 AM
2manycrashes how did your bike run down there? Anything you would change about it? Just curious thanks alot :)

2manycrashes
04-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
2manycrashes how did your bike run down there? Anything you would change about it? Just curious thanks alot :)

It ran good. I was running a 12T sprocket and 9 paddle extreme haulers. It was a lot of fun. I lost a little top end with the 12T, after about 125 yds, it was topped out at 56-58mph. I did a couple of test runs/drags at 300ft by GPS.

Average was 6.7 sec at 48MPH in 100 yards. 12T only hurt after about 125 yards or so. It is truly funny how short of a distance 100 yards really is if you measure it.

It made it real fun for doing wheelies though. I could hang with or beat the YFZs in a 100-125 yard drag. After 125 yards or so, the YFZs would pull away. The 13T would probably be the best for drags, but the 12T was really good for riding trails with people who putted. I could really lug the crap out of it.

2qk4u
04-22-2004, 08:13 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p698f5503a68e88c91ed7f29e6d3a178d/f8ea9f7e.jpg

heres one i seen stranded in the trails