PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with removing axle need some help?

ranger400ex1994
04-18-2004, 02:54 PM
well my carrier bearing wend out so i decided to tackle the job my self. everything was going pretty good until i removed my brake rotor and the thing the break rotor mounts to i can't get if off the axle. how do you get it off? does it have to slide down the splines on the axle? i tryed to work it off with a screw driver but that got me no were so i would like so tips on how to get it off?

4wheelboy
04-18-2004, 03:32 PM
im pretty sure there is a c-clip u have to remove:o

ranger400ex1994
04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
ya the clip is still in there but i don't see how that will have any affect on the outter thing that the brake rotor mounts to. becasue i am having problems removing that.

4wheelboy
04-18-2004, 05:55 PM
if u dont have a manual I would pick one up it will save your but in times like this when noone is posting;)

Bill Fuller
04-18-2004, 05:58 PM
After you have removed the metal band on the axle(well its not a "C" clip I don't know what it's called)take a mallet and tap on the end of the axle toward the chain and it will start to move.

Tommy 17
04-18-2004, 06:35 PM
i had the same problem i know this is gonna sound crazy but it worked for me...

i had the same part stuck (brake hub) i beat that thing with a hammer, screw driver, etc nothing would move it... i went to take the swing arm off and take it somewhere to be pressed off the axle... took the swing arm off so i could carry it away and i set the swing arm down on the axle while i bent down to grab something... when i set it down on the brake side of the axle parrel to the ground the weight of the swing arm pushing down popped it free... so if worst comes to worst take ur swing arm off and set it down on it side so the weight of the swing arm pushes it off... just have someone holding the swing arm so it don't go flying down to the ground like mine did crushing my foot...