PDA

View Full Version : 03' 400EX electrical problems

rockwilda1089
04-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Do any other 400EX riders have electrical problems? i bought my bike in october of 02' and have had several bad grounds, fouled a spark plug, and blown a few fuses, i know others around with the same bike and no one else has this problem, i just fixed a bad ground due to a dirty connection, it started once, i rode down the road then it died, now it won't start again, the starter just keeps winding. i wash my bike and keep the wires and battery terminals clean, but nothing seems to help, if anyone else has had this problem let me know, cuz right now it seems to just be me.

ReconRider25
04-18-2004, 03:12 PM
no problems here.:confused:

toby400ex
04-18-2004, 06:10 PM
A fouled plug isnt honda's problem, its from starting the quad wrong, or someone messing with the jetting. And everyone gets bad grounds that you have to clean.

fastexgirl4c
04-19-2004, 12:45 AM
i have a 02 300ex...and mine is doin the same thing..sometimes it will run and then quit when it gets hott...it quit on me and blew my shifting shaft out this weekend at budds creek during my last moto.:grr: ...but now its back to the same problem u are havin....i called honda and they said alot of pple are havin problems wit the electrical on 02's