PDA

View Full Version : anybody ride at turkey bay?

westcoastmxer
04-18-2004, 02:03 PM
hey guys i ride at turkey bay alot and wondered if theres anybody on her that rides there?..also anybody there sat?

santorz400
05-06-2004, 08:45 PM
hey,
I usually go down there at least once a year. Pretty nice place to ride.

marksuttonjr
05-07-2004, 05:55 AM
I ride there frequently. Crashed the R for the 1st time and broke my color bone down there 6 weeks ago.
The photo link in my sig has 4 or 5 pics. that were taken there if anyone wants to see them. Most of the pics. were taken other places though, so unless it says Turkey Bay, or LBL it was not taken there.

SSRedRider
05-07-2004, 06:21 AM
I am down there 2-3 times a year. Its a great place to ride. Really like the numbers trail it has jumps, hills, creek crossings. Too bad I can't go this weekend got to lay some stone on the house and got a race at the Buddha Nations on sunday.

03400EX_Nacs
05-09-2004, 01:00 PM
i go 5-6 times a year and we plan on going in a cpl of weeks

WhiteZee
05-09-2004, 08:31 PM
i go down there every couple months, only been once this year though. ill be going again as soon as i get a new 450r.

jcs327
05-10-2004, 05:57 PM
I was there saturday. Was crowded, but not so much that you could'nt ride.

WhiteZee
05-27-2004, 08:00 PM
west, when is turkey bay the least crowded? are fridays as bad as saturdays?

Fast250EX
05-29-2004, 01:53 PM
I love going down there, it is just incredible with anything you could possibly wanna ride on and some things that scare the sh*t out of ya.

If you dont wanna go when its crowded, I would stay away from all spring, summer, and fall holidays (this weekend is probably packed for memorial weekend). Friday afternoons in spring and summer and crowded and well. The 4th of July brings a HUGE crowd. I personally like going through in the late spring time during the late week, as in Thursday-Saturday. I enjoying seeing people on the trail and if you had an accident, you have a better chance of gettin help with more people around. But too many people can actually cause accidents and I would NOT wanna be down there and plan to ride when their are a lot of sandrails and trucks there. Going head on into another quad is bad, going head on into a big 4x4 truck? I am sure you can imagine. But the trucks sure are fun to watch on the hills and in the mud.

But anyway, Turkey Bay ROCKS!!!:blah:

400EXcrazy
06-01-2004, 11:40 AM
i am goin there for my first time on thursday

400ex28
06-01-2004, 09:01 PM
its real nice i go down there one a year

raptorrider
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
We were there, just got back from Memorial Weekend. I go prolly 5-6 times a year. I am starting to know my way around the smaller trails now.

If you were there Memorial Weekend, and saw 2 Raptors, a silver R, a 400 EX, some 300ex's and a Warrior straigh haulin through the woods, well, that was us. One of our riders broke his collar bone on the main trail jumping the big water bar. We also lost an R motor, and about ripped a Warrior a-arm completly off, he hit a rather large tree about 4th WFO.

WhiteZee
06-02-2004, 07:45 PM
haha, that sounds like what happens when we go riding at LBL, i love getting WFO there.

raptorrider
06-02-2004, 07:52 PM
So where in Louisville are ya? I live pretty much in Ft. Knox,, Meade Co. We should hook up some time. I aint really got any "good" riding spots around me anymore, but we make alot of trips. You should get Indiana numbers and check out Lynnville. We go there pretty often, and the state side is not half as muddy and rutted as the private side.

400ex28
06-09-2004, 05:36 PM
thats where i always go riding is lynville its the closest to me its alright but arnt they gonana auction off the left side sometime?

Cody_300ex
06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I wanna go so bad but my dad will never take me! :( One of these days i will tho.....hopefully. :o

Fast250EX
06-10-2004, 10:21 AM
You would absolutely love it down there. You dont even have to go to Turkey Bay for good trails. The entire area down there is saturated with trails.

I particular like riding in Linton by the Linton boat dock. You can park at the dock but right beside it is a trail that takes you to an old, beaten down half paved area that goes one for a while. It then branches off into TONS of different trails.

You can actually take some trails and ride around Kentucky Lake. They are some fun trails, climbing root filled hills. They are cool though cause it feels like you conquered everything when you get to a slightly flat and open area by the water and your on the other side of the lake.

There is some fun water crossings on the way there, one deep enough to cover the lower part of my 250EX's nose. Whats is so cool, Is that cause the main semi-paved trail runs by the road, and all the big water crossings are close by, even if you did drown out somehow in those crossings, the road is visible from there and you can drive a truck down just outside of the woods there. Since it wouldn't be hard to get help if you had a problem there, it makes you feel pretty confident through there. I like doing water wheelies and get the pipe underwater.

I actually showed up a couple of modded recons down there that thought they were the snit. No one else would really come around me so my Honda had to go against its own breed. Oh well, fun times and I cant wait till I go again. I wanna go the 4th of July just to maybe get a little competition going. My dad kinda goes a little slow through there.

raptorrider
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
A modified Recon, boy I bet that thing is fast. There is such thing as too much power!!!!:D

Fast250EX
06-10-2004, 09:42 PM
LMAO, I know, that is what was so funny. They had T-4 pipes and they acted like they had a crf450f motor between underneath them. I certainly dont have a machine to be cocky with in the power department but I still showed them what end of the spectrum they were on. I keep on wantin to get rid of my little EX but when I look for something else, I am looking at 416EX one minute then the next I am looking at a Honda 300 4x4 with 28" outlaw tires all around.

I kinda want a 400EX but they are a dime a dozen now. I kinda would like to have a 300EX with a slightly modded 350X engine. Like I always say, there is nothing like a 6 speed thumper.:D

jcs327
06-11-2004, 04:57 PM
hey fast 250ex, can you give me directions to the place at Linton KY you are talking about? I ride at turkey bay all the time and i have heard stories about the place you are talking about. I would be coming from murry if that helps with directions. thanks

Bill Fuller
06-11-2004, 09:51 PM
My question to fast 250ex is are the trails you are riding on open to the public?I have been told it is illegal to ride there.And who makes the 6 speed thumper:confused: And how do you make it to the other side of the lake on you quad:rolleyes: It's people like you that is helping the EPA with thier fight to close Turkey Bay.I'll say it again people if you don't see what you can do to save Turkey Bay it will be closed before you can say CRF450F:grr:

Fast250EX
06-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, I need to check on this more. I dont come here for a day or two and then people just go crazy.

Let me try to get everything answered.

jcs327, I dont know where murry is exactly but if you just get a KY map, you could not miss linton. It is a small "town" and there is only one road that goes through it. It is easy to find on a map, because if you find Kentucky Lake (lmao, not very hard) then it just east of it down by the Tennessee border. You just go down the road (not sure what it is right off the bat) and after a while, you will see the Linton Boat Dock. There are many trails right there by where you would unload. Its really a great place to ride, very scenic as well.

Now, Bill Fuller. Before I start on LBL, the six speed thumper I was referring to was Honda's 350X, which, unless I am mistaken, is a six-speed.

Now about LBL. I think you should probably see the place to fully understand what I am speaking of. Yes it is open to the public, there are many more people that ride down there and if you ever do see any member from the town, they always give a pleasant wave. I have never gotten flicked off or anything, lol, it has always been a friendly environment. Whoever told you it is illegal to ride there may have a different place in mind. My uncle who actually loves down there was the one who alerted me to the area in the first place.

Now, perhaps I worded the "other side of the lake" thing oddly. Since I am not to familar with the landscape of the place, I suppose it was just a cove we went on because we did not actually go through the middle of the lake on or quads (which I feel is what you are picturing). We went around the edge of the land and simply got on the otherside of the cove. Considering the size of the lake, I highly doubt I actually got to the other side, so I suppose that was a false statement. I am simply not the type of person that would trespass on land that does not welcome ATV's. ATV's are well respected in the area and I make sure when I ride to take that respect into consideration before I go and pollute places. I would hate to see such a great riding place like that to go. I actually came to one spot that was simply covered in bottles, many of them glass and a lot of them beer bottles. We made an attempt to clean things up as much as we could and took what bottle we could fit into our storage compartments with us. That was a small amount but any is better than none I suppose.

400ex28
06-12-2004, 04:49 PM
man that must have taken a while to type that:eek2: :rolleyes:

Fast250EX
06-12-2004, 06:38 PM
LMAO, I am a pretty fast typer but it still took a while. Never really noticed how long it was till you said something.:D